Baymule’s 2019 Garden

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That’s all? I thought maybe you made a purée mush out of the leaves and spread it out on a dryer sheet.

Bay I've never made kale chips but I don't see why that would not work. Cook the kale until you can puree it or send cleaned raw kale through a blender or food processor (not sure which would work best, with raw leaves I'd think food processor), mix in any herbs or spices you want. and dehydrate it into chips, strips, or sheets, oven or dehydrator. You are adventurous, create your own recipe and process. With a little trial and error (not that Bay would ever err) you could come up with something really good. Not that I see anything wrong with Carol's method.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Must feel good to be starting seeds for the garden already. DW has started some of her flowers for her hanging baskets but that is it until mid March. Not sure if you have NYer seeds or not, if not let me know I will send you some.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2019-2-3_15-39-49.jpeg

Not my picture, off the net. I only hope mine gets this big!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haven’t tried any kale before, does it look like horse radish leaves?
I don't know what horseradish leaves look like.

I haven't raised kale before either. I still have some NY seeds from last year. I am going to baby those things. I'll be planting warm weather seeds in mid February.

@Ridgerunner I'm going to play with the kale. We can't have anything with sugar, grains, AND NO BROWNIES! :hit I am determined to lose 15-20 pounds and so is DH. I've already prepared some bland, blah, imitation, wanna-be-food. I think I'll make a puree with the kale and start tossing stuff in it to make chips. Heck, enough Ranch dressing on it, makes anything good. How bad can kale be?

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kale is great! Over here it is traditionally eaten as a potato mash with smoked sausage. As a kid I didn't care for it much, but now I like it.
boerenkool-echte-worst-500.jpg

If you got the palm kale like in the photo, we eat that with spaghetti, feta cheese and cherry tomatoes its delicious and a one pot recipe!

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I fixed my kale chips like Carol does hers. Just use what ever seasonings you want. Dry Ranch would probably be good on them. I do like them cooked with my turnip greens best though.

Here is one I have left over from last year. I was hoping it would go to seed, but it has never flowered. It's a curly kale variety.

IMG_6192.JPG

I picked up some dinosaur kale today.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kale is great! Over here it is traditionally eaten as a potato mash with smoked sausage. As a kid I didn't care for it much, but now I like it.
View attachment 30476
If you got the palm kale like in the photo, we eat that with spaghetti, feta cheese and cherry tomatoes its delicious and a one pot recipe!
Soooo...….do you have some kale recipes you would like to share?

Latest posts