Baymule’s 2019 Garden

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weeds are running amok in the garden, tall (mowed down now) luxurious growth, verdant and healthy. :barnie:barnie:barnie

I have Cornish Cross chicks on the porch, they got to GO! But I need to make them a place to go to....:th

I have so much to do and ALL of it is the most important and needs to be done first. :he

I'm in the same boat. It must be spring.

a cup of tea or coffee is a good perching spot to contemplate what you will do next. good luck to everyone with their efforts. play safe. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted Maestro English peas and have been picking and eating them. They are so darn good! They are about at the end of their lifespan. But! The other variety I planted (the tall double row) is coming on like gangbusters. The pod is edible too, but I can't remember what variety it is. We'll be enjoying more English peas soon! Then when they fizzle out, I'll plant purple hull peas, the staple of the South.

i'm trying to be patient waiting for the peas to sprout here. may be too late for a decent crop but we'll see. or maybe the seeds were too old and won't grow at all... *parental seed sprouting worry*

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked some sugar snap peas yesterday and cut them up in our salad. They are so good!

Do sugar snap peas freeze worth a durn? Will they be ok for stir fry or just mush?

they may need to be blanched first. i've never done it myself. they are in frozen veggie mixes though.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
a cup of tea or coffee is a good perching spot to contemplate what you will do next. good luck to everyone with their efforts. play safe. :)
Just finished my coffee. What I will do next is get my lazy butt up and go feed animals. Going to start in raining and rain into next week. Phooey. I guess I'll charge up my batteries and build chicken tractors on the porch, then drag outside. Stinky chickies need to go!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just finished my coffee. What I will do next is get my lazy butt up and go feed animals. Going to start in raining and rain into next week. Phooey. I guess I'll charge up my batteries and build chicken tractors on the porch, then drag outside. Stinky chickies need to go!

That's mainly why my chick brooder was a permanent fixture in the coop. Chicks went straight into it from the incubator or post office.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weeds are running amok in the garden, tall (mowed down now) luxurious growth, verdant and healthy. :barnie:barnie:barnie

I have Cornish Cross chicks on the porch, they got to GO! But I need to make them a place to go to....:th

I have so much to do and ALL of it is the most important and needs to be done first. :he
Wish I was there to help you. I don't have those problems. ;) I have plenty of time LOL.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's mainly why my chick brooder was a permanent fixture in the coop. Chicks went straight into it from the incubator or post office.
That is a good idea. I don't yet have a permanent coop, just a series of "this'll do" structures. I don't suppose you would have any pictures of your old set up, do you? Did you have a concrete floor?