Baymule’s 2019 Garden

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay', I was just commenting to Dad how DW likes frozen corn almost exclusively.

Fresh, Fresh ... Fresh veggies - 12 months each year. At least, she eats them!

I think that I understand but I might have more tolerance. I was delighting in snap peas in the 70's but I was never someone who canned produce or otherwise preserved it (unless it would survive on my basement shelves. We only froze snap peas once, as I recall. DW declared them as "tough" and that was the end of it.

The soopermarket appreciates that DW really likes kale and I really like broccoli and in such fashion, with a few additions, we survive the winter.

seasonally limited Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put some in the freezer yesterday as an experiment. I'll see if they freeze well or not.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I blanched one baggie and didn't the other.

will be interesting to see what you think. often i like to eat peas right out of the freezer in pasta salads and stuff like that without even cooking them. in the really hot weather they don't even get much of a chance to thaw. *crunch crunch* :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I started picking the big fat pods and DH shelled them
And, why not?

That's option 2. They may be a little less sweet and the work to shell them is a little more difficult than our usual Green Arrow peas - but, they are wonderful that way. DW is also more likely to freeze shell peas than pea pods or green beans.

Steve

Latest posts