Baymule’s 2020 Garden

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I have asked my poor husband so many times to make me trellis's and then the following season or two I change my mind! I really don't want to ask him for more, haha. I thought the T posts would be easier. When he makes me a trellis out of rebar concrete panels he edges them with pipe and makes them look really nice. I don't care what they look like. I just want them done!

I think the posts would be easier and cheaper.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, are your plants planted inside the cow panels? I think you mentioned once that you can fit in there? Seems like a tight squeeze to plant in there!

Mary

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, I can sit inside the panels and plant, or I work from outside the panel, reaching in to plant the tomato plant. I love the cow panel trellis.
Dumb question, wha'ts a cow panel trellis?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dumb question, wha'ts a cow panel trellis?
They are a heavy gauge wire panel, 50 inches tall and 16 feet long. The "holes" are 6 inches by 6 inches. They are marvelous for instant fence, garden trellis and even bowed over and made into a hoop shelter for livestock or a hoop chicken coop. I have lots of them, i drag them around, making something, taking it down, making something else. I love cow panels.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a link to a hoop coop I built

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our panels must have been VERY LONG, We have enough space side to side to run the riding mower under, tall enough too! They are anchored to outside of raised bed and arched OVER the walk ways. We have clematis on one side and concord grapes on the other. Sorry for the bad pic. (And WEEDS!)
DSC04320.JPG

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They are a heavy gauge wire panel, 50 inches tall and 16 feet long. The "holes" are 6 inches by 6 inches. They are marvelous for instant fence, garden trellis and even bowed over and made into a hoop shelter for livestock or a hoop chicken coop. I have lots of them, i drag them around, making something, taking it down, making something else. I love cow panels.

I would like to get hold of a couple of those for when I get things going here. :)

Latest posts