Baymule’s 2020 Garden

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I almost hate to bother you with a question, Bay' . You need your rest!

Do you make zucchini bread, and with all those zucchini, do you think I can cook and freeze zucchini for making bread later?

What follows is trivial and you can stop reading but:
I have made pumpkin bread just fine doing that. DW takes special pride in her zucchini bread and it's universally liked. As soon as I told her that the plants look rather puny this year and 2020 might be a year they go down to mildew she panicked. "I should make some more zucchini bread!"

"Why don't you just freeze the pulp? It will take up less room than bread and we have lots of things to put in that freezer." I think that she already has six loaves in there. My idea met immediate resistance. I promised to find out if others freeze their cooked zucchini for later breadmaking. Can't be sure that she will even try it but hope that she will control some of this unbridled enthusiasm, especially on 90°+ days.

I did learn from DW that she doesn't especially like my Butterbelly crookneck. That only hurts my feelings if we have a bad zucchini summer and a bad zucchini bread winter ;).

Steve
I like to put the thawed grated zucchini in lasagna and it is really yummy!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, to drain the water off, do I have to push the zucchini down in the colander? Or can I just put it in there and let it sit for 5 minutes?

Never knew you could freeze grated zucchini. Thanks Steve for asking this question!. Gotta get to grating!

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used your method for freezing okra where you pre bake them a bit. They are so good partially baked! I cant wait to use them in fried okra. Thank you for the great suggestion!
When you thaw them out, the okra will be REAL gooey and slimy. That makes the cornmeal stick to the okra better than when it is fresh.

Latest posts