Baymule’s 2020 Garden

Ladyreneer

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It tassels in 40 days. The cornmeal is delicious and we love the cornbread. It is a fast growing corn. PM your address to me and I will send you seed! @thistlebloom And exchanged seed to mix up our genetics. I have first year cross, labeled Texas and Idaho. Another year or two should mix it up good. I’ll be glad to share!

I would love to try the Painted Mountain corn if I can find a trade you'd be interested in receiving. Are you interested? I've never grown this before.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would love to try the Painted Mountain corn if I can find a trade you'd be interested in receiving. Are you interested? I've never grown this before.
Absolutely! I am happy to share. If you have something interesting, I'd be delighted. If not, I'll still be happy to share.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Giant Pink Banana Squash has taken off like a race horse. We got rain a month or so back, the 100 degree days ended and it has cooled off. The 3 vines now look like about a hundred vines. They have put on more squash, lots of little ones and some big ones that may mature before frost.

D9245F12-D8BA-4757-B38F-553A0251DFF9.jpeg

06294EC2-B2F0-45F4-8BFC-C12221DF4BBA.jpeg

I made a pumpkin pie with the squash and yesterday I made pumpkin bread. So good!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gosh,

I'm looking at morning temperatures in the teens, next week.

There is also a chance of snow ...

Steve
difficult to comprehend the difference, even with memories of Tyler in the winter.

they've had snow up north already and that isn't unusual. i'm ok with it not being quite that yet here. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
With nights dipping down in the mid 30’s I was afraid of frost. So yesterday I picked all the Giant Pink Banana Squash. What a haul! I need to weigh the big ones. It took 2 wagon loads to get them to the house. Then I put 2 of the big ones in a laundry basket to carry them in the house. I couldn’t carry 3 at a time. Several of the big ones are maturing and so are some of the medium sized ones. The little ones will serve as Sheep treats. Now, what to do with all this?? LOL

The dark colored ones in the lower left corner are the first ones I harvested a couple months ago.

F24F26C6-189D-4581-9F37-F5E8E53096BD.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay', if you like the Pink Banana but would appreciate a more "manageable" variety, that is how Jung's Seed refers to their Candy Roaster squash, more manageable ...

The fruit is supposed to be smaller than the Pink Banana and Jung's may not be referring to the vines.

I don't know. I'd never heard of the Candy Roaster back in the days when we had Pink Banana in southern Oregon. So, you see, you are living out a fantasy from my youth 😂.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if they aren't very mature they might be freezable like zukes, but i'd cut one up and fry it some first to be sure before wasting freezer space. i don't know what those are like inside (having never grown them before here). :) just guessing... :)

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
With nights dipping down in the mid 30’s I was afraid of frost. So yesterday I picked all the Giant Pink Banana Squash. What a haul! I need to weigh the big ones. It took 2 wagon loads to get them to the house. Then I put 2 of the big ones in a laundry basket to carry them in the house. I couldn’t carry 3 at a time. Several of the big ones are maturing and so are some of the medium sized ones. The little ones will serve as Sheep treats. Now, what to do with all this?? LOL

The dark colored ones in the lower left corner are the first ones I harvested a couple months ago.

View attachment 37328
Great haul! I love squash!