Baymule’s 2021 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Started my 2021 garden several days before we got hit by an ice storm and feeezing temperatures. I planted mustard greens, turnips and English peas. Couple days we got 7” of snow and more miserable freezing weather. Temperatures went all the way down to -4 here and have stayed in the teens and single digits. We have reached the low 20’s a few times. We got 3” more of ice and snow last night.

Texas has seen rolling blackouts, power outages and frozen water pipes. Many multiple vehicle wrecks, there was a 133 car pile up in Fort Worth that killed 6 people.

It has been bad.
Sitting here kinda bored, thought I’d post some garden pictures for y’all to enjoy.

This is two rows of mustard greens.

0E18F92F-0183-47E0-B93A-C319470C90F5.jpeg

Along both sides of the tomato trellis is planted English peas.

This is 4 rows of turnips.

3557D8AE-6E14-4933-A601-AA9F405361CD.jpeg

And this is another shot of the English peas!

D0AEA2F8-FDFF-4461-B31C-4DBB2B08DD6A.jpeg

So, what do y’all think? Reckon the seeds will just rot or miraculously sprout and come up? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

A fortune cookie told me, I see replanting in your future. LOL LOL

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Started my 2021 garden several days before we got hit by an ice storm and feeezing temperatures. I planted mustard greens, turnips and English peas. Couple days we got 7” of snow and more miserable freezing weather. Temperatures went all the way down to -4 here and have stayed in the teens and single digits. We have reached the low 20’s a few times. We got 3” more of ice and snow last night.

Texas has seen rolling blackouts, power outages and frozen water pipes. Many multiple vehicle wrecks, there was a 133 car pile up in Fort Worth that killed 6 people.

It has been bad.
Sitting here kinda bored, thought I’d post some garden pictures for y’all to enjoy.

This is two rows of mustard greens.

View attachment 39156

Along both sides of the tomato trellis is planted English peas.

This is 4 rows of turnips.

View attachment 39157

And this is another shot of the English peas!

View attachment 39158

So, what do y’all think? Reckon the seeds will just rot or miraculously sprout and come up? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

A fortune cookie told me, I see replanting in your future. LOL LOL
Poor Gardener! Strange as it sounds, snow is an insulator. It was/is probably warmer under it than above. Just wait and see, but I think there is every reason to hope your efforts were not wasted!

Latest posts