Baymule’s 2021 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cordwood houses are beautiful! I am anxiously waiting for you to start the project lol.

Did I read correctly that the new house will be on your son's property?
Very likely, still undecided. But in the meantime, I’ll be cutting, peeling, splitting and stacking up wood. Neighbor has a sawmill to cut the beams I’ll need. All that will take time.

I’m thinking a pole barn, half floored in for somewhere to live after selling this place and building cordwood home.

I need to draw up plans so I’ll know how many beams I’ll need.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, are you tired of your mobliel home or is it that you want to move to be with your son?

Mary
Our daughter and family moved to Odessa, now have gotten jobs in Corpus Christi and are moving again. They will probably stay in Corpus Christi for awhile. But they won’t be any closer. They won’t move back here.

We love this place and we love the neighborhood. But now we are far away from other family and I would like to move closer.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grandma Robert’s Purple Pole Beans! I picked a big bowl full on July 7 and canned 6 pints from the first picking! They are beautiful growing on the vines AND easy to find!

14805B1F-61F3-4DC5-AB98-D6122FB275B4.jpeg

EEDEAAEB-CC86-4AF4-AC09-C38B1862E7BA.jpeg

2BC33FCF-3381-44BD-81EF-F1E1D47138B8.jpeg

That evening we got our 3 granddaughters and their 3 dogs. Their parents spent the night and left the next morning to fly to Rome, Italy. They came back yesterday, stayed awhile, then left to go to my sister’s house in Willis. From there they left this morning to go to Corpus Christi to see the house that they are buying. Their offer was accepted but they haven’t actually seen it yet. Since hotel rooms are $300 and up per night, they are going back to my sisters tonight. 4 hour drive one way. In the morning they will leave for Odessa to start packing. Needless to say, we have been busy playing with granddaughters. The 14 year old went to a friends house, her vacation from her little sisters. LOL We went to the movies twice, Dairy Queen twice, a water park, city park with splash pad, rode Pearl the horse and to a KOA campground to see friends from California and swam in the pool there. Friday my freezer died, I had a side of home raised beef in it, and shifted into crisis mode. NO freezers at Sam’s Club, none at Home Depit, Lowe’s only had a 5 cubic foot chest freezer, what good would THAT do? Finally found one at a local appliance and furniture store, they had gotten in 4 the day before. Short version is DH kept the girls, I went to Tyler to get it, got home, we got it in the house and I finished putting meat in new freezer at 7 PM.

I finally went to the garden yesterday. The squash that was blooming when the kids got here, got busy. I brought in 2 arm loads of zucchini plus a couple of yellow squash. This morning I picked Grandma Robert’s purple beans again. I got half a wash tub full! My husband snapped them for me and I canned 12 pints.

BA66E37D-BD1C-4F21-96AA-EE10925118EC.jpeg

E8B63CEE-C448-4B25-B06F-2B5EFB04979C.jpeg

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Grandma Robert’s Purple Pole Beans! I picked a big bowl full on July 7 and canned 6 pints from the first picking! They are beautiful growing on the vines AND easy to find!

View attachment 42357

View attachment 42355

View attachment 42356

That evening we got our 3 granddaughters and their 3 dogs. Their parents spent the night and left the next morning to fly to Rome, Italy. They came back yesterday, stayed awhile, then left to go to my sister’s house in Willis. From there they left this morning to go to Corpus Christi to see the house that they are buying. Their offer was accepted but they haven’t actually seen it yet. Since hotel rooms are $300 and up per night, they are going back to my sisters tonight. 4 hour drive one way. In the morning they will leave for Odessa to start packing. Needless to say, we have been busy playing with granddaughters. The 14 year old went to a friends house, her vacation from her little sisters. LOL We went to the movies twice, Dairy Queen twice, a water park, city park with splash pad, rode Pearl the horse and to a KOA campground to see friends from California and swam in the pool there. Friday my freezer died, I had a side of home raised beef in it, and shifted into crisis mode. NO freezers at Sam’s Club, none at Home Depit, Lowe’s only had a 5 cubic foot chest freezer, what good would THAT do? Finally found one at a local appliance and furniture store, they had gotten in 4 the day before. Short version is DH kept the girls, I went to Tyler to get it, got home, we got it in the house and I finished putting meat in new freezer at 7 PM.

I finally went to the garden yesterday. The squash that was blooming when the kids got here, got busy. I brought in 2 arm loads of zucchini plus a couple of yellow squash. This morning I picked Grandma Robert’s purple beans again. I got half a wash tub full! My husband snapped them for me and I canned 12 pints.

View attachment 42357

View attachment 42355

View attachment 42356

View attachment 42361

View attachment 42365
Those look beautiful! You are such a hard worker!

I grew luisiana purple pole beans this year and they did fantastic! They are a keeper!

Latest posts