Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
More questions haha. Will you keep all the ewes? How many rams will you keep if any?

Mary
Forgot to answer ram question. I have a couple of rams spoken for. I’ll probably sell a few, only need 1 or 2, so not in big demand. Plus for a flock sire, only the top few, best of the best go up for sale. Rest go to auction. I already have 3 rams of different bloodlines, so I’m good for next few years.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have a sick ewe. She passed the placenta, but just hung her head, laid down, not herself. There was a spot red goop at her back end. I called the vet, bo vets until Monday, call their affiliate clinic. I did and got crap about being a client. Finally I told them the other clinic said to call them. 45 minute drive one way. Got luteylase and a strong antibiotic. Went home, gave her shots. She was up and eating only hours later. This morning there was still some red goop. The luteylase gives her contractions to “clean” her out, antibiotics for infection. She has 3 lambs, hope I don’t lose her.

And I have a bottle baby. Her mom rejected her. Son and I used a hog panel to make a small pen in a corner. We held the ewe to let the baby nurse several times yesterday and I did this morning,noon, afternoon.

IMG_6293.jpeg

Baby was starving. Finally I tried milking the ewe. Not a drop, she wouldn’t let her milk down. I went inside and made a bottle. Baby sucked it down. So after I fed and took care of animals, I brought her in the house, gave her another bottle, put her in a dog crate and took a shower. I gave her another bottle and put a diaper on her.

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_6303.jpeg

Carson is jealous and probably would like her for a snack. He licks her. Tasting her? LOL

She has a full tummy now, she’s in the crate and napping.

IMG_6304.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up before 2AM. Got up, this of course woke up Patches and she yelled for milk. I put coffee on and fixed her a bottle. Carson whined to come in. Patches downed 4 ounces and sucked my chin for more. I gave her 2 more ounces. I put a clean pad in her crate and put a diaper on her. Carson laid down as close to me as he could get. Yup. He got lamb snuggled.

IMG_6305.jpeg

He took it as long as he could, just got up and moved to his big bath towel. Towels his size are easier to wash than big beds. And she got up and followed him. The torture continues.

I’m going for another cup of coffee.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I now have 3 bottle babies. I’ve been checking the sick ewes lambs and today her 2 ewe lambs were empty. Little tummies were hollow, so I pulled them and brought them in the house. Ram lamb had full tummy and is doing fine.

Normally it is hard to pull a lamb off momma and switch to a bottle. Not this time. The little girls were hungry! These are registered lambs, I really want them, not about to let them go hungry. They are full and happy now.

IMG_6311.jpeg

Latest posts