Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My grandmother had a Singer treadle machine. My sister and I both sewed on it as little girls. My sister had the machine when hurricane Harvey put 7 feet of water in her house and the machine was a casualty. I have my mothers old Singer, it is electric, only goes forward, no reverse to lock those stitches in place. It is in it's original cabinet. I haven't sewed in many years, but still feel a kinship to that old machine. I have newer ones, I'll have to decide what stays and what goes, but Mom's old Singer will stay.

That's a good reason to build out my She-Shed. I still have my commercial machine from when I did upholstery.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DD's and I have quite the collection of sewing machines, including a 1960's vintage machine that folds into it's own cabinet. We keep talking about bringing it in for service, bc it is metal, HD, and would be great for leather/heaviest fabrics. They keep an ancient treadle machine as a table, with a teal serving rack, teal glass plate and a peacock clock from a few years ago sold at Cracker Barrel. SIL gave them a 100yo cigar table that is also on display at their 1920's home, which Fortunately was totally rewired this last March.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My grandmother had a Singer treadle machine. My sister and I both sewed on it as little girls. My sister had the machine when hurricane Harvey put 7 feet of water in her house and the machine was a casualty. I have my mothers old Singer, it is electric, only goes forward, no reverse to lock those stitches in place. It is in it's original cabinet. I haven't sewed in many years, but still feel a kinship to that old machine. I have newer ones, I'll have to decide what stays and what goes, but Mom's old Singer will stay.

That's a good reason to build out my She-Shed. I still have my commercial machine from when I did upholstery.
I had a nice Viking before house fire. Replaced it with a simple Singer. Then inherited a Brothers and serger from MIL. Plus this collectable Featherlight / Featherweight. (always forget which name is right.) Time to down size. Will keep antique.....

Attachments

• DSC09318.JPG
    DSC09318.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 49

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I worked on sealing up the yard this morning. I used scraps of wire and cow panels to cover the wide spaced rails on the Red River panels so no sheep could slip through. I opened a gate across the driveway and extended it with half a cow panel.

388A3117-46B8-434F-A3C0-C58F09849DE2.jpeg

A7E1103D-0208-4261-AE5C-E2BFF3AC6982.jpeg

I let the ewes in the yard, set the feed can down and was rewarded with a bucket head. LOL

82ABC0E2-B1A8-483A-9561-D78821C01C14.jpeg

I let the ewes in the yard, then put them in Carson’s small front yard. There is crabgrass up to their bellies.

96BFF119-F906-4E33-A8BC-2CA07C82C6BC.jpeg

I built a hand rail on the back steps. It’s not purty, but it will help keep me from falling and help me get up the steps after my knee replacement surgery next week.

25B38981-E00F-46A4-97E4-A51D638B121F.jpeg

Been trying to stay busy. Today is one year ago that I lost the love of my life, my BJ.
I was sitting on the porch watching the ewes tear up the grass, with tears streaming down my face. Bennet’s Brahma heifers came to the fence, curious about the sheep. They sniffed noses and made me smile, then laugh.

B1E147CC-AE5F-45EF-9297-B8D5B67707D6.jpeg

Life is good. Mine was made better by the man who loved me.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think often of a scene from "The Hobbit" movie, where one of the characters is lamenting over a love lost in battle:
"Why does it hurt so much?" she asks
"Because it was real."

I would only substitute "is" for "was", because true love is eternal. Big hugs from a fellow traveler on the same road. :hugs

Latest posts