Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made Texas Cowboy Stew and cornbread and invited Peggy and Bennet over for supper last night. My small table was covered with Corning Ware, Pyrex mixing bowls, Pyrex ramekins with snap on lids, and other glass ware. Plus the big dehydrator and pressure canner I named The Beast. Problem. What to do with this stuff? I loaded the dishwasher!

I now have a bottom and top shelf on my utility room shelves, done with Carson’s help of course. So I put the dehydrator and The Beast on the shelf and marked the next shelf for height to accommodate The Beast.

Table was clean and kitchen island mostly cleared. Can’t put last nights dirty dishes in dishwasher, that would require unloaded all the homeless glass ware. But at least it’s clean!

A2BD2B45-69AD-431C-91FA-8AB1C9A23153.jpeg

I’ll have to paint another couple of boards for the next shelf, but I’m getting there.

786F2AC1-800C-48B9-91FF-06BAF3C62E05.jpeg

I’ll put a shelf above The Beast, then probably one more shelf. I can put cases of empty canning jars on shelves, and other kitchen stuff I don’t use all the time. That will give me space to put away the dishwasher prisoners and maybe I can unpack the other 2 boxes on the floor……

I got 2 queen air mattresses, will be 10 people staying here counting me. I realized there is no floor space for queen mattresses so I took them back, went to Academy and got 2 cots. That will work.

I got 3 new door knobs, doors jammed. Yank on door knob, it breaks, comes off in hand, no door knob now. I ran into Harbor Freight, got a small hand rasp. Already shaved one door, it works!

Meeting DD today at my sister’s house in Conroe to pick up little girls. They can help me finish more shelves, make pumpkin pies, make extra pie crusts, make corn casserole and do precooking.

Run. Run. Run.

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made Texas Cowboy Stew and cornbread and invited Peggy and Bennet over for supper last night. My small table was covered with Corning Ware, Pyrex mixing bowls, Pyrex ramekins with snap on lids, and other glass ware. Plus the big dehydrator and pressure canner I named The Beast. Problem. What to do with this stuff? I loaded the dishwasher!

I now have a bottom and top shelf on my utility room shelves, done with Carson’s help of course. So I put the dehydrator and The Beast on the shelf and marked the next shelf for height to accommodate The Beast.

Table was clean and kitchen island mostly cleared. Can’t put last nights dirty dishes in dishwasher, that would require unloaded all the homeless glass ware. But at least it’s clean!

View attachment 53529

I’ll have to paint another couple of boards for the next shelf, but I’m getting there.

View attachment 53530

I’ll put a shelf above The Beast, then probably one more shelf. I can put cases of empty canning jars on shelves, and other kitchen stuff I don’t use all the time. That will give me space to put away the dishwasher prisoners and maybe I can unpack the other 2 boxes on the floor……

I got 2 queen air mattresses, will be 10 people staying here counting me. I realized there is no floor space for queen mattresses so I took them back, went to Academy and got 2 cots. That will work.

I got 3 new door knobs, doors jammed. Yank on door knob, it breaks, comes off in hand, no door knob now. I ran into Harbor Freight, got a small hand rasp. Already shaved one door, it works!

Meeting DD today at my sister’s house in Conroe to pick up little girls. They can help me finish more shelves, make pumpkin pies, make extra pie crusts, make corn casserole and do precooking.

Run. Run. Run.
And your not up to par????? Amazing have a great time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tested positive for Covid yesterday. On the way to pick up the granddaughters, I stopped in Huntsville at CVS drugstore for a test kit. I had a sore throat, runny nose and low fever. My sister has health problems so I’m real careful around her. I took the test and was dismayed to watch the lines show up that said positive.

So I called my daughter and canceled the girls visit. I felt bad because she was on her way too. I called my sister and told her. I’ve canceled Thanksgiving, a real disappointment because I was so looking forward to having family and friends here.

This feels like a cruddy cold. I’m sick, but not laid low. If it hadn’t been for going to my sister’s house, I would have thought I just had a bad cold. So I’ve been watching TV, not doing much. Phooey.

Sunset is in 30 minutes, guess I’ll go feed sheep and put them up for the night.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tested positive for Covid yesterday. On the way to pick up the granddaughters, I stopped in Huntsville at CVS drugstore for a test kit. I had a sore throat, runny nose and low fever. My sister has health problems so I’m real careful around her. I took the test and was dismayed to watch the lines show up that said positive.

So I called my daughter and canceled the girls visit. I felt bad because she was on her way too. I called my sister and told her. I’ve canceled Thanksgiving, a real disappointment because I was so looking forward to having family and friends here.

This feels like a cruddy cold. I’m sick, but not laid low. If it hadn’t been for going to my sister’s house, I would have thought I just had a bad cold. So I’ve been watching TV, not doing much. Phooey.

Sunset is in 30 minutes, guess I’ll go feed sheep and put them up for the night.
It sounds like you have been pushing yourself pretty hard. Please take it easy for awhile, and conserve energy for your body to focus on healing. Best wishes for a quick recovery. :hugs

Latest posts