Baymule’s Farm

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I’m really doing good. I was scared, not knowing what to expect, feeling alone and not knowing how I was going to do this. My dear friend @Ridgetop dropped what she was doing to come stay a few days with me. I’m so grateful for the care, support and love she has lavished on me. All this, considering that she herself had knee replacement surgery on May 18!! I am Blessed.

Leg is swollen, sore, bruised and looks like a train hit me. But it hurt much more before surgery than it does now. I guess I was in much worse shape than I thought.

@Ridgetop is leaving today, they have to finish up a few things on the place they bought before heading back to California. She has been a blessing.

My sons job has ended, he’s coming in today. He starts another job on Monday. LOL It’s a good job, well paying, like it was before Covid. He can’t afford not to take this job. He’s concerned about me, but I’ll be ok.

First PT appointment is on Monday, Chris is going to take me. I’m pretty sure after that, I can take myself. I’m not taking the pain killer pills, so won’t be under the influence. LOL Chris will feed sheep and dogs for the month of October and I’ll have time to ease into things. Don’t worry, I’ll be very careful. I don’t want to mess up my new knee!

I’ll be my myself but I will no longer feel alone. For I know I have the love and support of friends, both online and face to face, neighbors and the Grace of God.
@Ridgetop
Thank you so much 💓 for taking such good care of our baymule. I am really grateful 🙏

This is good knowing you are being cared for and having family there too help you out. You are blessed my lovely 😍

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
PT went well yesterday. I walked in carrying the walker. I told them I was following doctor's orders, but I really didn't need that thing. They wanted to see how well I could walk with a cane, so I carried the cane. :lol: I stressed to those lovely young ladies that I am VERY active and my activity level is NOT a successful shopping trip to the mall. I told them about buying the farm and detailed everything I had done and the things I will be doing. I told them I have a 4 wheeled walker with a seat for being outside, so if I get tired, I can sit down. They thought that was a good idea. I have yet to use it, but will sometime this week. Their decision was for me to ditch the walker in the house and that I am clear to drive. Good, because I was going to do that anyway. They really didn't know what to think of me. We did a lot of laughing, they just couldn't help themselves.

They had me do a few exercises, I thought I was going to die. The knee has been crooked for the last 3-4 years and the muscles and tendons are all drawn up. I've limped and lurched around for so long, that it will take a lot of work to get things back to some version of normal.

I told them I wanted to stick my foot in a stirrup and mount up on a horse without somebody pushing on my butt to get me in the saddle. They asked if I could mount up before surgery.......what? Do they think I've been out there riding the trails in the few days since surgery? :lol: Uuuhhh....... nope. Haven't been able to mount up unassisted in years. And when came time to dismount, I crumpled up in a heap on the ground because I couldn't stand up, due to the pain. I want my life back. I want to RIDE.

They had me do some stretches, the results of that kept me up most of the night writhing in pain. I have my own pharmacy on the table, but hate taking pills. The side effects impress me, and not in a good way. I am healthy and strong BECAUSE I don't gobble pills like candy. I don't suffer side effects BACAUSE I don't take the damned things. Heart attack, stroke, blood clots, brain damage, blindness, etc......... and this is supposed to HELP me? Don't think so.

I was up at midnight peeling that bandage off and I rubbed Arnicare cream on the back and side of my leg. I'm bruised from my ankle to mid thigh and look like a train hit me. The Arnicare is helping with the pain and fading the bruises away. I took some wild lettuce tincture, compliments of @Devonviolet and finally went back to sleep for a few hours. I have hydrocodone and celecoxib, supposed to take several times a day. And Pepcid for the nausea and stool softener for the constipation and on and on. How about if I just don't take it? Blech. Several other things that I didn't even fill. I've lived in pain for so long, what's a little longer? Suck it up buttercup.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
PT went well yesterday. I walked in carrying the walker. I told them I was following doctor's orders, but I really didn't need that thing. They wanted to see how well I could walk with a cane, so I carried the cane. :lol: I stressed to those lovely young ladies that I am VERY active and my activity level is NOT a successful shopping trip to the mall. I told them about buying the farm and detailed everything I had done and the things I will be doing. I told them I have a 4 wheeled walker with a seat for being outside, so if I get tired, I can sit down. They thought that was a good idea. I have yet to use it, but will sometime this week. Their decision was for me to ditch the walker in the house and that I am clear to drive. Good, because I was going to do that anyway. They really didn't know what to think of me. We did a lot of laughing, they just couldn't help themselves.

They had me do a few exercises, I thought I was going to die. The knee has been crooked for the last 3-4 years and the muscles and tendons are all drawn up. I've limped and lurched around for so long, that it will take a lot of work to get things back to some version of normal.

I told them I wanted to stick my foot in a stirrup and mount up on a horse without somebody pushing on my butt to get me in the saddle. They asked if I could mount up before surgery.......what? Do they think I've been out there riding the trails in the few days since surgery? :lol: Uuuhhh....... nope. Haven't been able to mount up unassisted in years. And when came time to dismount, I crumpled up in a heap on the ground because I couldn't stand up, due to the pain. I want my life back. I want to RIDE.

They had me do some stretches, the results of that kept me up most of the night writhing in pain. I have my own pharmacy on the table, but hate taking pills. The side effects impress me, and not in a good way. I am healthy and strong BECAUSE I don't gobble pills like candy. I don't suffer side effects BACAUSE I don't take the damned things. Heart attack, stroke, blood clots, brain damage, blindness, etc......... and this is supposed to HELP me? Don't think so.

I was up at midnight peeling that bandage off and I rubbed Arnicare cream on the back and side of my leg. I'm bruised from my ankle to mid thigh and look like a train hit me. The Arnicare is helping with the pain and fading the bruises away. I took some wild lettuce tincture, compliments of @Devonviolet and finally went back to sleep for a few hours. I have hydrocodone and celecoxib, supposed to take several times a day. And Pepcid for the nausea and stool softener for the constipation and on and on. How about if I just don't take it? Blech. Several other things that I didn't even fill. I've lived in pain for so long, what's a little longer? Suck it up buttercup.
I hope someone drops you some apples they are good for softening the stools. There are some good tinctures that helped me with pain and sleep also assisted me with clearing my system ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stretch at home ON YOUR BED! You can totally relax the rest of your body that way and get a good stretch on a forgiving surface. :D
Holy crap! Where did this come from? The Spanish Inquisition??? I'm so sore I can barely walk. They showed me how to hang my feet off the bed, Let gravity do the work, they said. Then curl your leg up, they said. I have PT again this morning at 7:30. Let the torture continue.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
wish someone was there with you who could rub sore muscles and help them relax and stretch more gently. sometimes the PT people can't really tell when they're going too far so they can cause further troubles. yet, if you can have them do some massage it may also help. asking is always a good idea - "That feels really good can you rub it a bit longer?" etc...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Get somebody to go shopping for you and try some topical pain relievers. I am NOT recommending this but I bought a jar of Blu Emu and that has helped me sleep at night.
Maybe something else will work for you, maybe Bengay? SOMETHING will help you that is over the counter.
Better to have jars of not so great stuff on your dresser and the stuff that works, too. You won't get a prescription for any medication that will help you sleep and SLEEP will help you more than anything, including bringing down your blood pressure. Doctors have stopped prescribing pain relievers.
After getting sick in late August, I stopped burning both ends of the candle and getting more sleep. My blood pressure is now below 60/minute.
I KNOW this bc when I stretch on the bed, I watch DH's digital clock and I can feel that my pulse is slower than the 2nd hand.
Get a heated blanket and use it every time you have leg pain. I layer up when I go outside, sweat pants over my jeans, to keep my knees/muscles warm.
Wear warm/loose socks to bed.
There is a reason why ballet dancers work out with "leg warmers", to keep their muscles warm and loose. See how the leg warmers cover the parts of Your/my legs that are hurting?
1664987250210.png

Please try anything that isn't chemicals swallowed.
I would suggest that you try either aspirin or tylenol, which can add some relief, but you aren't supposed to take more than 4x/day.

Last edited:

Latest posts