Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Big storm here last night. Power went off at 8PM, came back on at 4:45 AM. So many lightning strikes that it was a strobe light show. Pounding hard rain for 5 hours. I could look out the window and see that my cow panel sheep shelters were still standing in the lightening flashes. I’m on my second cup of coffee. I’ll go outside, check everything and do chores in a little bit.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
From the Sheriff’s FB page. He’s a funny guy if y’all want to follow him. He puts it all out there, makes videos of arrests too. Look at his videos. One of my favorites is Methy 911 Call. A meth head actually called 911 wanting deputies to come get the people out of the walls of his house. How stupid can one get?

IMG_6490.png

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My area got pounded by the storm. The high school in Trinity, 40 miles from me, recorded 17 inches of rain. Other area got up to 18 inches, all in a very short time of 4-6 hours. Surrounding counties were hit hard too. Polk county where I lived for 30 years has been declared a disaster area. All the gates on Lake Livingston are open full blast, extensive flooding all down river with mandatory evacuations.

So I’m real happy with my 4 inches of rain.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My area got pounded by the storm. The high school in Trinity, 40 miles from me, recorded 17 inches of rain. Other area got up to 18 inches, all in a very short time of 4-6 hours. Surrounding counties were hit hard too. Polk county where I lived for 30 years has been declared a disaster area. All the gates on Lake Livingston are open full blast, extensive flooding all down river with mandatory evacuations.

So I’m real happy with my 4 inches of rain.
So glad you got less rain. So sad for everyone else.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got 5 1/2” last night. Other areas were slammed. Flooding all over southeast Texas.
I spent the day glued to the news on TV, calling and texting my sister, and calling and texting her best friend. It’s been a day.

I’m posting what I posted on BYH today.

11:30 this morning

My sister is flooding now. She got her car out yesterday. If any of you see news on McDade park, that is across the street from her. Montgomery county, FM 2854 at the San Jancinto River is where she is. FM 2854 is underwater and closed. It was on channel 13 Houston news. 10 to 12 inches of rain fell upriver from her last night. 18” fell upriver Sunday night.

She just got her house finished from the flood in February.

Roads around here are underwater and closed. Schools all over the area are closed. All roads south of Livingston are flooded and closed.

20” of rain has fallen above Lake Livingston Sunday night and last night. Still raining.

4:12 PM

My boneheaded sister turned down the rescue boat earlier today. Water was up to only 7 more steps on the stairs to the second story. Water came up another step. I talked to her several times and she finally accepted that she had to go. FEMA sent her buy out papers and she was angry, NOT going ANYWHERE! Staying HERE!
I told her they were fixing to cut her off and wouldn’t pay her anymore. She’d be stuck with a flooded unlivable shell of a house, she’d be homeless and broke. After so many claims, FEMA can refuse to insure homes that are in a flood plain. She pondered on that.

Her friend texted me and said they called the rescue boat and she was going to town to pick her up.

4:40 PM

My sister is going to take the buyout. It will be a long drawn out process, take a year or more. She will have to find a place to live and her life will be in turmoil. I hate that she is going to have all this to deal with but I’m so relieved to have her out of that house.

4:44 PM

Downtown Livingston is underwater. I lived there for 30 years and have never seen it like this.

Sheriff Woody Wallace of Trinity County is everywhere, taking care of people. Posting videos, letting people know what is going on. Power has been shut off on Doug Bell Road and Deer Run Road, for safety reasons. He is letting People know last call for rescue boat.

5:20 PM

We don’t usually get this much rain all at one time. News showed people going to the West Fork of the San Jancinto River to see how high so they can know when to cut and run for high ground. It’s higher now than it was in Hurricane Harvey.

Trinity River Authority is releasing 128,000 cubic feet of water per second, higher than it’s ever been. In Hurricane Harvey release was 110,000 cubic feet per second. That is Lake Livingston , all downriver is in a terrible flood.

Another round of heavy storms are possible tomorrow.

So that was my day today. My sister has been sick, was hospitalized with infection all over her body, she was septic. She’s barely getting around with a walker and has little strength. Her house flooded in February and she just finished getting it put back together. Now this.

Interstate 45 was flooded and closed. Highway 59 was flooded and closed in several places for up to 6 hours today.

I’m ok, farm is soggy but not flooded. Neighbors came and got me, we rode around looking. Went to my son’s house, big oak limbs were on the roof, no damage, but a mess. I texted a friend and he and his brother went over with chainsaws and cleaned it all up. We tried to go to Apple Springs, closest little town that has a flashing light, but road was flooded so we turned around.

My daughter, my sister and I are supposed to leave for Scotland and Ireland May 10. Trip is canceled. It’s my sister’s dream trip, she’s too sickly to go and now her house is flooded.

So, how was YOUR day? LOL

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got 5 1/2” last night. Other areas were slammed. Flooding all over southeast Texas.
I spent the day glued to the news on TV, calling and texting my sister, and calling and texting her best friend. It’s been a day.

I’m posting what I posted on BYH today.

11:30 this morning

My sister is flooding now. She got her car out yesterday. If any of you see news on McDade park, that is across the street from her. Montgomery county, FM 2854 at the San Jancinto River is where she is. FM 2854 is underwater and closed. It was on channel 13 Houston news. 10 to 12 inches of rain fell upriver from her last night. 18” fell upriver Sunday night.

She just got her house finished from the flood in February.

Roads around here are underwater and closed. Schools all over the area are closed. All roads south of Livingston are flooded and closed.

20” of rain has fallen above Lake Livingston Sunday night and last night. Still raining.

4:12 PM

My boneheaded sister turned down the rescue boat earlier today. Water was up to only 7 more steps on the stairs to the second story. Water came up another step. I talked to her several times and she finally accepted that she had to go. FEMA sent her buy out papers and she was angry, NOT going ANYWHERE! Staying HERE!
I told her they were fixing to cut her off and wouldn’t pay her anymore. She’d be stuck with a flooded unlivable shell of a house, she’d be homeless and broke. After so many claims, FEMA can refuse to insure homes that are in a flood plain. She pondered on that.

Her friend texted me and said they called the rescue boat and she was going to town to pick her up.

4:40 PM

My sister is going to take the buyout. It will be a long drawn out process, take a year or more. She will have to find a place to live and her life will be in turmoil. I hate that she is going to have all this to deal with but I’m so relieved to have her out of that house.

4:44 PM

Downtown Livingston is underwater. I lived there for 30 years and have never seen it like this.

Sheriff Woody Wallace of Trinity County is everywhere, taking care of people. Posting videos, letting people know what is going on. Power has been shut off on Doug Bell Road and Deer Run Road, for safety reasons. He is letting People know last call for rescue boat.

5:20 PM

We don’t usually get this much rain all at one time. News showed people going to the West Fork of the San Jancinto River to see how high so they can know when to cut and run for high ground. It’s higher now than it was in Hurricane Harvey.

Trinity River Authority is releasing 128,000 cubic feet of water per second, higher than it’s ever been. In Hurricane Harvey release was 110,000 cubic feet per second. That is Lake Livingston , all downriver is in a terrible flood.

Another round of heavy storms are possible tomorrow.

So that was my day today. My sister has been sick, was hospitalized with infection all over her body, she was septic. She’s barely getting around with a walker and has little strength. Her house flooded in February and she just finished getting it put back together. Now this.

Interstate 45 was flooded and closed. Highway 59 was flooded and closed in several places for up to 6 hours today.

I’m ok, farm is soggy but not flooded. Neighbors came and got me, we rode around looking. Went to my son’s house, big oak limbs were on the roof, no damage, but a mess. I texted a friend and he and his brother went over with chainsaws and cleaned it all up. We tried to go to Apple Springs, closest little town that has a flashing light, but road was flooded so we turned around.

My daughter, my sister and I are supposed to leave for Scotland and Ireland May 10. Trip is canceled. It’s my sister’s dream trip, she’s too sickly to go and now her house is flooded.

So, how was YOUR day? LOL
Oh Baymule, I feel so bad for your sister. Isn't this her 3rd flood. So glad she is taking the buyout. Really glad you are only SOGGY!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister and her husband bought their home some 20-25 years ago. They went through some epic floods. Hurricane Harvey put 7’ of water in their home, washed away even the bricks, nothing left on the bottom story but the studs. He died a few years ago and it’s been hard on her. This flood is not even a hurricane, just thunderstorms.

My mom always said never live downriver from a dam and pick high ground for your house. I listened, sister didn’t. My land is flat, it gets real soggy, but I’m in no danger of flooding. I may not be able to go anywhere for up to several days due to creeks flooding roads, but that is very seldom.

Last summer was drought with temperatures over 100F degrees for a couple of months. I had to pen my sheep for 3 months and keep them off pasture. What will this summer bring? Who knows.

Latest posts