Baymule’s Yard

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I was given 2 crepe myrtles. I just had to go dig them up. They were in a friends flower bed, next to her house. She said they are a bright pink color. It took awhile, but I got them dug up. One is about 4 feet tall, the other was over my head. I cut that one back a little.

I decided to plant them in the front yard. I still have 9 sheep in the front yard. I’m going to move them, so I took down their round hay bale cover.

This is when I first put it up. Grass is gone now.

E4DB7816-83F4-4236-A533-3ED1487F355C.jpeg

This is what front yard looked like weeks ago after weeks of never ending rain. Mud is gone now, it’s bare dirt. The hay hut is in the background.

3F773458-3EE1-4A0E-8878-32E6EB22BCBF.jpeg

So anyway, I tore down the hay hut. It had a 16’ cow panel and 2 half hog panels, perfect for a fence to protect my new crepe myrtles from the sheep. I locked the sheep up in the added on section to the yard.

I dug holes, planted the crepe myrtles and watered them well. I put up the fence, driving in a couple of T-posts and tying things together with hay string. I used clips so I can open the end to get in there and water them.

My the time I finished, it was 4:00, so I fed animals, went in and took a shower. Relaxing with a glass of ice water, I looked out the window and saw the sheep foiling my pathetic attempts to protect the crepe myrtles. The stinkers climbed the hog panel end, stretched forward and happily munched on crepe myrtle branches. Sigh……

158B9AF5-DB69-4D61-BC11-9EAC0F4152F1.jpeg

This is my first attempt to beautify the yard. Where you see mud in the above picture, when I take the sheep out, I’m going to lay out San Augustine grass sod. I’m going to try to have a pretty yard. We’ll see how it goes.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Huh, I see round bales being used in fields all the time out here and always thought it was gross/dangerous because it seemed mold would be unavoidable in them. It's interesting to see a solution like your round bale cover.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bad sheep!! Bad bad bad...
They are stinkers. In this group are the hooligans who laid up under my sons gooseneck flatbed trailer last summer, as lambs, to escape the heat. So cute to see them scamper out from under the trailer when I called, like the dogs.

Until….. son came home from a job and hitched up his trailer. Lights didn’t work. He looked under trailer only to see dangling wires with little lamb teeth marks on the wires.

Hooligans! That’s what they are! Hooligans!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are stinkers. In this group are the hooligans who laid up under my sons gooseneck flatbed trailer last summer, as lambs, to escape the heat. So cute to see them scamper out from under the trailer when I called, like the dogs.

Until….. son came home from a job and hitched up his trailer. Lights didn’t work. He looked under trailer only to see dangling wires with little lamb teeth marks on the wires.

Hooligans! That’s what they are! Hooligans!
No they r sheep. About like hogs. They r happy to destroy

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my! Hope they leave them alone now. Crepe Myrtle a beautiful and we cannot grow them here. :(
I’ll have them out of here hopefully in another week or two. I’ll move them across the driveway, but have to build something for the puppy so he can get away from the ram. Cooper wasn’t raised with dogs and he will but them. Don’t want the puppy to get slammed.

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh my! Hope they leave them alone now. Crepe Myrtle a beautiful and we cannot grow them here. :(
Neighbor looked at our crepe myrtle yesterday and asked if it would be ok? Looks like it's dead.

I laughed and explained it will be fine, it's the last to come out of dormancy around here, buds in the summer, very short season before it goes back into dormancy. 🤣

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts