Baymule's 2018 Garden

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

That is the traditional way to make Portuguese kale soup, if I understand correctly. I had a very good friend in high school from a Portuguese American family but there doesn't seem to be any of those folks here, and certainly, no restaurants. Anyway, I decided that what I liked with my Portuguese kale is what is sold as Italian sausage. Not smoked but spicy and requiring a few minutes of cooking before going in the chicken broth with kale, potatoes, and cannellini beans.

It would be kinda fun if @Nyboy with his heritage uses a Spanish/Portuguese sausage for escarole and I use Italian sausage ...

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I use the Boarhead's spanish chorizo with chicken broth, kale, potatoes, and diced tomatoes. It is delicious! But I can see me making it with cannelini beans instead of the potatoes, and escarole instead of the kale.

I like cooking italian sausage with kale and then serving it on top of brown rice. A simple and easy good dinner.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never heard of choriza. Steve there are 2 kinds of Italian sausage sweet and hot. i only eat sweet .
What? You've never had chorizo and eggs? :thThey're made with mexican chorizo which breaks down a lot as you cook it. Spanish chorizo stays firm when cooked and it's wonderful in soups.

Mary

Latest posts