Baymule's 2018 Garden

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a outback in downtown White Plains they have good steaks
Flavor ok here but texture is wrong. Think steaks are left too long in tenderizer liquid too long...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hit the pea patch at 8:00 this morning until 11:30. I picked two wash pans heaping full plus a basket. We shelled them out and got 14 pounds. DH sold two bushels to the Feed store man for $35 a bushel. So we’ll take him bushel #1 tomorrow, then go to Outback Steakhouse. LOL The grass and weeds are lush and beautiful!

View attachment 27861

I am dumbfounded on the price of shelled peas. Purple hull peas sell for $45-$65 a bushel in Tyler. A plant nursery we stopped at sells 15 bags for $70. I think next year we might put in a bigger pea patch! That is, if I can survive staying bent over to pick them! Somebody needs to “bless MY lil’ ol’ pea pickin’ heart!

it's a lot of work. are you talking dried peas or shelly aka green peas freshly shelled?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Freshly shelled purple hull peas. Not dried peas.

Outback has a special for steak and lobster for $15.99. Sounds good to me. The best steaks are at Texas Roadhouse. :drool

I finished picking the pea patch this evening and we shelled another 5 pounds, 14 ounces. I'll pick a few more in the morning to make it an even 6 pounds for half a bushel.

You got it right @murphysranch Bless my pea brain! :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
How does this years pea harvest compare to years past?

Those peas seem like a great cash crop. I’d grow more next year and find a restaurant to buy them or exchange for food credit.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't plant peas last year. They will make until a killing frost or until the heat kills them. I planted late, so they weren't in production when we had a few weeks of 100+ degrees. I also water them, we are in a drought.

The steak and lobster were good at Outback Steakhouse. We enjoyed it. Then we came home and I made buttermilk pie. We ate half of it.