Baymule's 3rd Lambing!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't think about a spoiler alert, I guess because I am not squeamish. I just do what needs to be done. Want meat? Fine, I'll kill something, skin, clean, cut and package it up.....supper's ready. Castrating a lamb is just part of raising them. :) I'm going to keep them long enough to grow off to freezer size, sure don't need a bunch of "rammy" acting brats slamming into me, getting me hurt. ;) I take the lambs to slaughter because I don't have the know-how to make all the cuts of meat. I take hogs to slaughter, but have slaughtered them myself. If I had a band saw, I'd do them all myself.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't think about a spoiler alert, I guess because I am not squeamish. I just do what needs to be done. Want meat? Fine, I'll kill something, skin, clean, cut and package it up.....supper's ready. Castrating a lamb is just part of raising them. :) I'm going to keep them long enough to grow off to freezer size, sure don't need a bunch of "rammy" acting brats slamming into me, getting me hurt. ;) I take the lambs to slaughter because I don't have the know-how to make all the cuts of meat. I take hogs to slaughter, but have slaughtered them myself. If I had a band saw, I'd do them all myself.
I was just thinking of Mary ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wouldn't a sheep be same as deer to butcher ?
It's making the lamb chop and pork chop cuts that have me stumped. With deer and hogs, I cut out the loin or back strap. Lambs I have not butchered yet. Deer I cut into steaks to fry, and make ground meat. I either make sausage or chili meat.

Latest posts