Baymule's Pigs 2017-2018

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would be worth selling tickets to see! The boar is probably 450 pounds and he is strong! I would be interested in seeing how that is done. Boar balls are sorta stuck to the butt, they don't hang down like goat or sheep testicles do.

If I videoed that, I could win Americas Funniest Home Videos!

He will make a lot of sausage. ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would be worth selling tickets to see! The boar is probably 450 pounds and he is strong! I would be interested in seeing how that is done. Boar balls are sorta stuck to the butt, they don't hang down like goat or sheep testicles do.

Yes, that would be interesting...(understatement of the year!! )
I think the band goes directly behind the ears...but I could be wrong.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not as hard as you think. Noose over top of snout and inside the mouth, he will be led anywhere you want.

Not sure what drugs I was on but you do have to cut him. Senior moment. One job I HATED! Castrating hogs-although not as bad as detusking boars.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Roosters are the WORST!!! At LEAST you can guess that a big 'ole hog, or a bull or a mare in season (spawn of Satan, and yes, I've owned one!!) is dangerous. But, it's hard to imagine that an 8 pound bird is out to kill you!!!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score

Ok, I think I now know what banding is. :rolleyes:

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not as hard as you think. Noose over top of snout and inside the mouth, he will be led anywhere you want.

Not sure what drugs I was on but you do have to cut him. Senior moment. One job I HATED! Castrating hogs-although not as bad as detusking boars.

I never knew that about leading a hog. But just how do you get the rope in their mouth?

I figured you of all people knew about cutting NOT banding a boar hog. You sure gave me a good laugh. :lol::lol::lol::lol:No hangy-downy-thingies on a hog! :gig:gig

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary banding is a form of castration involving using a special tool to stretch an elastic band over the testicles to the narrow part where they hang down from the body. This works best on young immature animals, as the testicles get too big to fit through the band. The band cuts off circulation, the testicles die, shrivel and fall off.

I cut my ram lambs.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a 3’ metal rod with a noose at end. Once near their mouth, they usually are screaming at you so goes in easily. Once in, you either lead them or they go in reverse so you let them back into wherever you want. If you’ve never used one for this, their tail is an excellent rudder to direct them.

Latest posts