Beans are up and looking healthy...'Aeron Purple Star'

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just planted out my first beans, 'Aeron Purple Star' runners, just a tad early here but they are looking good, nice strong healthy looking plants. This is a new runner bean bred by a fellow in Wales, as the pod matures it turns a dark purple black. I planted a sample (4) last season as it was a little late and didn't think I'd have enough time to collect seed but at least we'd have a taste. And taste we did and they were tender and delicious, this bean is also stringless. I don't have a big garden and only grow what would be a sample to most of you but hopefully I'll have a few seeds to share in the fall. The only stipulation I have to pass along with them is the fellow who bred this bean doesn't want them sold commercially, just kept in the hands of amateur growers, no problem with passing them along or using them in a trade.
The last couple of years I have been starting all my beans in the greenhouse before planting out, this has been highly successful so far, no problems with birds digging/pulling up the seed or any rotting, of course this wouldn't work if you were planting in large numbers but it works great for me.

Annette

cathytreat

Sprout
Reaction score
I also planted the strawberry.But now it is grown up,before reading the strawberry planting article i do not know anything.I read the article after that i tried to plant the strawberry.Now i am very happy because it is growing day by day.I got different types writing and reading materials for my research writing.

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Aeron Purple Star is one very pretty bean! I hope you get a good seed harvest this season.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have always planted bush beans but have considered planting some runners or pole beans now that I live in the south.

Reactions: Hal

Latest posts