Beat the Heat!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know that most places in North America are just cookin' right now! Maybe this will be fun:

Without leaving the contiguous United States, where has there been frost on 5 mornings so far this month!?!??

It is the same location that will see 28F Saturday morning, according to Accuweather. The Weather Service is only predicting 33 and WeatherUnderground has them at 36 so we can see which is correct. Will they have . . . another morning with a temperature of 32 or colder?!!?

(BTW - no service has snow in the forecast for that location ;).)

snowflks_falling_lg_clr.gif

Steve

edited to add a little snow (to help you cool off :cool:)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My house! Not really, I don't think there's been actual frost for 5 days, but it's definitely felt like fall to me the past few mornings.
My sister called this morning and was describing the heat they're having (MO ), she wasn't sympathetic that I had to put on a sweatshirt. Hmmm... normally she's a very compassionate person too....

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Heh, surprisingly enough, not me :coolsun. We're from 40s to 80s, pretty spectacular actually!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'd be guessing its somewhere in Wyoming, not sure of the city since I'm just guessing. :/

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know, Thistle'.

My son in San Antonio this month thinks I'm bragging . . .

I'm not giving up on summer! Still thinking of this as good weather, for May!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good guess, V!

The weather service doesn't have all the preliminary info for the month yet for Jackson Hole, WY which is often the coldest of the "official" WY communities but lows in the 40's are all they are expecting. It has also been mostly in the 80's there this month.

Lake Yellowstone has only had 1 morning of frost, early in the month.

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beautiful, yet cool. I've never been to Wy, but I think it would be a good summer vacation spot for me. :)

Especially when its going to hit 100 with heat index of 108 today! :hit

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
Heh, surprisingly enough, not me :coolsun. We're from 40s to 80s, pretty spectacular actually!!
I knew that, Heather!

I looked around at Kalispell and Missoula before I started this thread.

On a side note (and outside the contiguous states), Barrow has only had 2 days and Nome, Alaska has only had ONE day with frost in July.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Buy me a plane ticket, I wanna go visit! We are up to 95 degrees today, which doesn't sound like much, until you add our typical 68% WV humidity.

The weather guy says it "feels like" 113. I am finding lots of inside things to do today...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, I am pretty sure my veggies are actually cooking out there!! I picked an onion- and it was hot! Heat index 106 degrees!

Latest posts