Reaction score
Currently,

. . . at my computer desk,

. . . I'm eating lunch!

Steve :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The temperature in Stanley fell to 32 again this morning.

That will make it 7 days with a frost there this month. The forecast temperatures are warming, however.

I don't know about Stanley but the normal highest maximum temperatures occur here between July 29th and August 2nd. If that's true for Stanley, they'd better get with the program ;).

My garden is almost 4 of latitude further north than Stanley but more than 4,000 feet lower in elevation. I was recently talking about the San Juan Islands near Vancouver, BC and the cool temperatures there. Then, I looked at Stanley and realized that it was a whole 'nother ballgame in the Rocky Mountains. I don't know where I'd prefer to be when the temps are extremely high. I can take a fair amount of heat but it is a relief to get out of it I am very sure in most of the country right now.

I was once looking at a place to live not all that far from where I am now. (The locals should know the area: not far up the St. Maries River.) The elevation was below 3,000 feet. It had been a cool but sunny, blue-sky day and I decided to set up camp on the property for a 24 hour stay. The coffee froze in the pot overnight! It was July 4th.

Steve
as the bird flies, about the same distance from the San Juans and Stanley

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I have enjoyed reading this trivia post, We have camped in some frigid mornings on the St. Maries as well as the St. Jo rivers in past summers. Last sunday,monday, and tuesday I worked on Washington pass It was cold enough in the mornings that gloves and a medium weight coat were a must. There was still about 2' of snow on the side of the road in shady spots, Enough for the younger workers to have a snowball fight during lunch.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, I know where I don't want to move!! I'll tell you one thing, I am praying for rain! I have never seen it so dry here. My weeds are dying! I had to cut "the green stuff, I affectionately call grass" since the weeds were getting awfully tall.... The grass was so dry, it was flying around like hay!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
my grass looks like hay too what is green are the weeds the clover has shriveled...they havent called for a manditory watering ban but are asking people to be careful with what you are using it for... I water my rose garden and my veggie garden that is all...flowers in the borders are looking stressed...I have drip irrigation in the veggie garden which saves some water... this is the strangest Summer weather wise...

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah, as amazingly beautiful as it is in Stanley, and all the amazing hot springs around, i would never want to move there either! Let's just say... I have a grudge against the law enforcement there, even tho its been years since the ridiculous incident!!!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh heck no! Vacation, relaxation, peace, love, and a little dried herbs ;) ya know me, and most gardeners...violent offenders fore sure!!

Latest posts