Beat the Heat!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate it when my onions get too hot . . .

West Virginia, the Mountain State: okay, where are those cool mountain breezes? Sounds like you have slipped off the Panhandle and into the Frying Pan ;)!

Well, it isn't like it is never hot here. I hadn't arrived in northern Idaho yet when the official Coeur d'Alene thermometer hit 109F in 1961. It was 112 that day in the Spokane Valley!

Steve

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:coolsun Its going to hit 100 degrees here Friday, with heat index around 110. :watering I'm just trying to keep the garden well watered during this heat wave. I know how this heat can take a toll on the garden, hopefully it doesn't stress them out too much.

Sunsaver

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm from northern Louisiana, and it's not that hot here. But we are used to it. It's hard to imagine how people in NY state can deal with triple digits.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We can be fairly sure where this location is not: NOT in your neighborhood, right??

It isn't quite HERE either but, you can tell - it is close.

So, you aren't off to Alaska or on top of Hawaii's Mauna Kea at 13,796 feet (I wonder what that's like . . . :rolleyes:)

Remember your clues:

the contiguous United States,

there has been frost on 5 mornings so far this month!?!??

It may see 28F Saturday morning, according to Accuweather.

No snow is in the forecast.

Steve

ETA: I should say that it is NOT a park entrance or weather station on top a mountain or something like that. This location is an actual town.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Using the Weather Service forecast may be the better plan:

Their forecast has been changed a little.

The WS is now predicting 32F for this town, tomorrow morning.

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well i poked around a little bit around MT, i dont even think its in my state! Must be northern idaho! Sandpoint?

BTW we had a whole night of rain last night, it was awesome, my water barrel was empty!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I want to say some where in Yellowstone they can get snow all 12 months of the year in the higher elevations...
NwMtGardener you are lucky to get rain...I cant remember the last time we got a measurable amount of rain...
I am trying to keep my sweet silkies from over heating...the coop is over 110+...fortunately they freerange all day so have been moving with the shade around the yard... and I have been using the sprinkler to moisten under the trees and bushes where they are hanging out...and after the sun goes down I will water every thing...I did loose my plants in the window boxes...it was just too hot for them...

Try to stay cool people...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sandpoint is only at Elevation: 2063 feet (WS info). Gotta get higher than that, Heather.

Yellowstone may be in for frost but not the communities in and around it, that I can find. Neither Jackson Hole, West Yellowstone, nor Dubois need worry about the temperature dropping out of the 40's.

I was even surprised (hint, hint) that Victor and Ashton, Idaho (just west of Yellowstone) can expect some morning lows that will be above 50 over the next few days!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just looked at the site, currently it is now 27*. Beautiful area. When my husband and I were newly married we went backpacking in the Sawtooths and picked up supplies in Stanley.
Bet they don't get many tomatoes!

Sheesh Steve, are you up early or staying up late?

Latest posts