beef stew for a cold evening

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Couldn't stand it. I ate half before I could get a picture of it. Great cold weather food. YUM...

stew.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did creamy chicken soup today for our cold weather food. Was driving across the state dreaming of a creamed chicken noodle soup and got right on it when I got home. Went out to the grocery store(aka pantry), selected various jars of chicken and stock, etc.

Made my roux from rendered chicken fat from my own fat birds.

Didn't take any pics but it was well worth all the dreaming, gourmet quality food....no frozen store bought rolls though, not sure I could do that to such a fine soup. Will defrost my own homemade rolls tomorrow and use those for when I chow more on this soup tomorrow.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did creamy chicken soup today for our cold weather food. Was driving across the state dreaming of a creamed chicken noodle soup and got right on it when I got home. Went out to the grocery store(aka pantry), selected various jars of chicken and stock, etc.

Made my roux from rendered chicken fat from my own fat birds.

Didn't take any pics but it was well worth all the dreaming, gourmet quality food....no frozen store bought rolls though, not sure I could do that to such a fine soup. Will defrost my own homemade rolls tomorrow and use those for when I chow more on this soup tomorrow.

Mom makes her own rolls here too at times. she has the neighbor's recipe for rolls that are more traditional/plain (still good though) and her own bread recipe for cracked wheat.

we were on a cooking frenzy Saturday (for the food that Mom takes to various people) and also had people over Sunday for dinner. sad to say nothing in this meal prep was grown or canned here. was up until 1am cleaning up doing dishes. woke up early. no nap today...

homemade chicken soup, cracked wheat rolls, raisin bran muffins (which i skipped, i'd had enough of those the day before), salad, home made bailey's, and heath bar dessert (whipped cream with heath bar chunks folded in). all very good eats. i should be sleeping but i think the bailey's and other chocolate gave me a bit of a buzz which counteracted the hooch. :)

Latest posts