Beets-I'll be doing these again!!! (Pic)

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ummmm, beets. I really really really like beets. I didnt grow anythough. Maybe next season.

Your look good

mrsengeseth

Leafing Out
Reaction score
zilla!! Howdy.

I got mine from parks, I shoulda checked dollar general or someplace first, but it was an impulse buy while stuck inside during a rainstorm, sigh

I am definitely gonna give a try at a fall planting of beets thanks for the pic !! IT's all the encouragement i needed...yum!!

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yeah come on you townies if I can get them to grow out here , with the wind, hail, cutworms and two floods you guys should be able to grow them by the bushels!!! Did I mention the wind, hail, cutworms and two floods????? :ep :gig

BTW I have some seeds for the goldens if ya'll need some and I'm getting ready to order some more this evening (I need more of the red) so just let me know... Up for another seed swap wifezilla?
:rainbow-sun

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
davaroo
Today 7:14 pm They are beautiful, that's certain. Have you eaten the tops as greens?
Yep sauteed with olive oil and garlic and then mixed with collards another time... so yummy

Rence

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
They look wonderful :) I haven't been successful with beets. But I keep setting aside a bit of garden to keep trying.

This year I planted Chioggia beets. Still waiting :/

I plan on doing them for the fall garden too.

Latest posts