best lawn tractor???

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 , the post between Nyboy's in 2018 and yours on Tuesday was taken off by Support.

@flowerbug explains well the type of posts that show up and may not at first contain spam but usually end up throwing it at us.

I have no idea how bots work. Nifty once said that he is glad when they cruise through because they will promote the website/forum. It may well be true with spam, also. If the links remain and are noted by Google and whomever, the spam may gain credit and credibility. If you or I do a search for something, the search engines may direct us to those sites. That's not good but I bet it is beyond the automated search engine to police what is out there by anywhere near 100%.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 , the post between Nyboy's in 2018 and yours on Tuesday was taken off by Support.

@flowerbug explains well the type of posts that show up and may not at first contain spam but usually end up throwing it at us.

I have no idea how bots work. Nifty once said that he is glad when they cruise through because they will promote the website/forum. It may well be true with spam, also. If the links remain and are noted by Google and whomever, the spam may gain credit and credibility. If you or I do a search for something, the search engines may direct us to those sites. That's not good but I bet it is beyond the automated search engine to police what is out there by anywhere near 100%.

Steve
It's OK. I trust you. It was nothing profound.

Support

Deeply Rooted
Administrator
Reaction score
i'm not a moderator but i do report posts that are spam or from people who appear to be spammers. we get a few a week it seems. the moderators haven't told me to shut up about it so i think i'm doing ok. :)

a few are more persistent than others but they use a similar pattern, but i think the pattern is easy to spot. the key is that they don't want to put much time into it and they don't care to develop any kind of personal relationships with others. they show up, post links in text, don't really engage as a community member, no pictures, no real details about their gardens or life, what they actually garden.

most of them likely are not a native language speaker and are posting using a script or something that someone else has written for them and they are just embedding links into the text after scanning for a few key words or phrases.

ask them a question and you may never get a reply.
Hitting the nail on the head there....

Latest posts