best lawn tractor???

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 , the post between Nyboy's in 2018 and yours on Tuesday was taken off by Support.

@flowerbug explains well the type of posts that show up and may not at first contain spam but usually end up throwing it at us.

I have no idea how bots work. Nifty once said that he is glad when they cruise through because they will promote the website/forum. It may well be true with spam, also. If the links remain and are noted by Google and whomever, the spam may gain credit and credibility. If you or I do a search for something, the search engines may direct us to those sites. That's not good but I bet it is beyond the automated search engine to police what is out there by anywhere near 100%.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 , the post between Nyboy's in 2018 and yours on Tuesday was taken off by Support.

@flowerbug explains well the type of posts that show up and may not at first contain spam but usually end up throwing it at us.

I have no idea how bots work. Nifty once said that he is glad when they cruise through because they will promote the website/forum. It may well be true with spam, also. If the links remain and are noted by Google and whomever, the spam may gain credit and credibility. If you or I do a search for something, the search engines may direct us to those sites. That's not good but I bet it is beyond the automated search engine to police what is out there by anywhere near 100%.

Steve
It's OK. I trust you. It was nothing profound.

Support

Deeply Rooted
Administrator
Reaction score
i'm not a moderator but i do report posts that are spam or from people who appear to be spammers. we get a few a week it seems. the moderators haven't told me to shut up about it so i think i'm doing ok. :)

a few are more persistent than others but they use a similar pattern, but i think the pattern is easy to spot. the key is that they don't want to put much time into it and they don't care to develop any kind of personal relationships with others. they show up, post links in text, don't really engage as a community member, no pictures, no real details about their gardens or life, what they actually garden.

most of them likely are not a native language speaker and are posting using a script or something that someone else has written for them and they are just embedding links into the text after scanning for a few key words or phrases.

ask them a question and you may never get a reply.
Hitting the nail on the head there....

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
As you know, my mother (who disinherited me) Bought me My new mower in 2021. She had paid for her own funeral, died 02-08-21. D.R. Cousin (who Got my inheritence) had her cremated 2 days after she died, funeral never took place.
(Yeah, when we found OUT about the death/cremation in late March, WE thought it smelled a little
🐠)
Cousin neglected to look and see that I was the other person who had signed off on said funeral YEARS ago, so I got the rebate check, just under $4K.
I had my eye on a Kubota gas powered riding mower, and I ended up paying ~$120.00 for it.
Been a Great little machine with 2 blades. Most riding mowers only have 1 blade.
I feel for Anybody who has to buy new in 2022.
Here is mine, cheapest one they sell, now $1k more than last year:
The web site has a Kubota diesel riding mower for $10K
POWERFUL little engine.
Interesting...when they delivered it, the delivery guy asked me if I wanted to be shown how to use it.
I said, sure. Might learn something.
I was told when I want to turn the engine off I need to drop it down to idle and idle it for a full minute before I turn it off.
I have done that failthfully.
When I am Exhausted and using my "God mower," is one my list of chores for the day, I Chose to mow bc it's easy peasy.
I had my eye on it bc my used John Deere riding mower wouldn't mow anymore, and I thought I couldn't buy the Kubota.
THEN the certailed letter and check arrived,
When I told my mechanic friend, he wanted to buy the John Deere. I gave it to him.
He bought/installed 2 parts and now it works fine for him.
I should add that I use a push mower for trim, and DH drives our Kubota tractor w/mower attachment (5' deck) to mow the big areas on our property and often I do push mower trim, riding mower trim and then he mows the rest.
I posted bc I just mowed yesterday and any other job would have worn me out.

Last edited:

Latest posts