Best Power Tool For Removing Rust

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rich, I love that old truck. Sounds crazy but I've been wanting one for awhile now. Next street over is an old yellow one that has been sitting in the driveway for years. I don't think it's been moved. My husbands says I should go knock on the door and make them an offer. I don't think they would sell.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mary, You just never know til you ask...I get people wanting to buy 'mater every so often.

THANX RICH

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rich that is the Hot look in old trucks now. I couldn't believe prices on trucks needing paint job till I realize they where painted to look that way. I like the idea of starting with a mower and working up to truck

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary realize a old truck is a money pit. Because of the business I don't go on vacation any more , I justify that with spending money on truck.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary realize a old truck is a money pit. Because of the business I don't go on vacation any more , I justify that with spending money on truck.
I know, but my husband will be retiring this year and he's good with cars. He says he can do the mechanical. Also have good contacts with body painting. But I'm like Mauldigger, I like the body of the truck just the way it is. Makes it look very historical. So I wouldn't spend money on it.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you are to timid to knock on door, you can always put note in mailbox
I'd like to get to meet them over time. Maybe I'll start taking walks in that direction and hope to see someone outside to greet them. If I can see them several times then I can start some dialogue.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
well I think I am back to professional shop. I talked to owner of one close by my father, have to email him photos. Great thing is my father offered to keep eye on truck if I use them. He would most likely go there 2x a day he has nothing but time.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL! :lol:
MY dad does that now that he's retired! Every time I have to put one of the trucks in the shop, he stops by every day and just sits in the office chatting with them. I NEVER know what they're going to know about me when I go to pick it up again. This last time I walked in and the guy said "Hey, how's that little calf doing?" :confused: It used to freak me out wondering how they knew stuff... now I just roll with it.

Latest posts