Bestest Gift This Year?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Giving my Dad 6months of a house cleaning service. I'm nervious about it though... not sure how he's going to react.
My intention was to relieve him of some chores and free him up for things that he wants to do.
I'm afraid he's going to be offended. I'm planning to swing by tonight to trim his cat's nails and tell him about it ... hope he's pleased.......

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, after over a year of disappointing hatches I asked my husband for an incubator. It was rated highly in Backyard Chicken magazine. The young girls in my family who want clothes and jewelry think I am funny and quaint for wanting such a thing.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Giving my Dad 6months of a house cleaning service. I'm nervious about it though... not sure how he's going to react...

I think its a great gift as well! I of course don't know your dad at all, i hope he appreciates it! I know people sometimes don't react the way you PLANNED though. A few years ago, the guy who lives next door passed away suddenly. He was a nice neighbor, and i enjoyed talking with him. Although i found his wife a bit more...challenging, a few months after his death, i offered to take care of the garden bed that her husband used to care for. My living room windows look right at it, and it would be easy for me to do. I knew she wouldnt do it, and just thought it would be a nice memory of him. She was so offended! :/ she is a bit...prickly, though. I think she thought i was saying it was an eyesore...or something. It had grown up kind of wild, and i actually loved it that way, very cottage garden. Now she has her boyfriend weed wack it every few weeks! :(

@Carol Dee - the calenders were not that much! About $10 a piece, christmas special pricing.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got the cat's nails trimmed .. and Dad was thrilled with the gift idea!
Just_Cuz_13.gif

YEAH! Now all I have to do is get him a few small things so he can have something to open Christmas morning.
.... maybe some Mr. Clean, a mop, a dust pan, a swiffer....
Laie_52.gif

Latest posts