Big Flower Giveaway to Local's of LocoYokel

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really, really want to. :) Maybe I can talk D.H> into a trip to the NW after retirement. (His plan is to retire in Oct 2018!)

And bring a trailer! We can load you up with plants and boulders. ;)

I have about a dozen deer in the 'hood that help themselves to much of what I grow, so deer resistant plants are best for me.

I have discovered a device that I am so excited about, it's been keeping the deer out of a clients cutting garden in Hayden Lake, where the deer run in packs and have no fear of people.

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Although, the fawns still find it necessary to taste test everything. Last year I had branches of bleeding hearts scattered around the back yard several days in a row. I'm convinced that one by one they lined up at the flower bed and "Eeeeewww, that tastes terrible. You try!" Until the last fawn pulled the last bit of plant from the bed. :ep

I'm sorry but I had to chuckle... DH and "his" dog pick the dandelion blooms out of the lawn and now "his" dog is picking the blooms off my painted daisies right when they are ready to open... I moved them to save them from the chickens, now I remember why I had moved them to the back in the first place! She nips 'em off and spits 'em out...:rant
I have several huge chunks of the globe thistle to remove, one had "brush killer" written all over it but now I will pot it up for you @SweetMissDaisy. If it doesn't do well before you get it no worries, I tried and there is more we can dig fresh. (win/win :))
Am still trying to get better pics of grandpa G's lilies for @thistlebloom , it is hard to get the color to come thru true.
20170709_185901.jpg 20170709_190320.jpg 20170709_190210.jpg
The contrast in the middle pic helps: The sweetpea's hot pink helps bring out the rustier tones of the lily.

I really, really want to. :) Maybe I can talk D.H> into a trip to the NW after retirement. (His plan is to retire in Oct 2018!)
Then we shall expect you in '19! :celebrate

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your lillies are gorgeous. I just put three plants near my house that have red flowers. They look pretty goofy now being so far apart and so "spindly" as young plants so hopefully they fill in the space nicely next year.

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They look pretty goofy now being so far apart and so "spindly" as young plants so hopefully they fill in the space nicely next year.
I have bunches of the two lilies, lots of filler for you. How are the deer on your lilies? We have quite a few planted at camp and they seem to leave them alone but then I read that deer will eat them.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have bunches of the two lilies, lots of filler for you. How are the deer on your lilies? We have quite a few planted at camp and they seem to leave them alone but then I read that deer will eat them.
They have nipped off a few flowers but have left them alone for the most part. Other things in the yard are more delicious, I guess. Haaa!

Latest posts