Big Flower Giveaway to Local's of LocoYokel

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That sounds great @SweetMissDaisy. If there is anything I have posted that you specifically want just let me know and I will save it for you.

Some of the iris are leaving today. The folks are coming with their pick-up so I can fill up the bed, they are taking them up to their property where we camp. Unfortunately Dad says only one load so there will still be more... I dug clumps when I took them up which has helped keep them fresh and all they need is the dirt scratched and set down, I'm not sure if I can go help unload tomorrow so that should help lessen the work.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am not self employed so will have to work around work hours a bit, but as long as I have a bit of lead time I can make just about any time work, excet Friday before noon.

Like ThistleBloom said, some raspberries would be delightful! I pick at a neighbors house but would like to establish a small patch of my own. I have a couple starts I dug from my Gramma's before we sold her place, but need to relocate them from within reach of the goats...and deer. o_O

As for other plants, I'm game for most anything really. The previous owners of this place dug up most of what was here and not much has come back. So I'm having to fill beds in slowly. I have about a dozen deer in the 'hood that help themselves to much of what I grow, so deer resistant plants are best for me. Although, the fawns still find it necessary to taste test everything. Last year I had branches of bleeding hearts scattered around the back yard several days in a row. I'm convinced that one by one they lined up at the flower bed and "Eeeeewww, that tastes terrible. You try!" Until the last fawn pulled the last bit of plant from the bed. :ep

Latest posts