1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. TEG Featured Thread: Just in from the garden
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Big Flower Giveaway to Local's of LocoYokel

Discussion in 'The Exchange: Buy, Sell, Trade, Giveaway' started by LocoYokel, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Jun 13, 2017
    LocoYokel

LocoYokel Attractive To Bees

Peonies like to be moved in the fall but I have had success moving them anytime after the frost is out of the ground. They don't always bloom when moved in the spring but if you take a big root ball and don't disturb the smaller feeder roots too much they do just fine with a little extra care (water). Those deep pinks of yours are beautiful! I used to have that color, they came from my grandpa G's yard. I moved those things around with me for almost 15 years but I lost them when the X burned our house down.:(
    Deer do not like peonies, or iris... Lots of iris over here! I tend to refer to the Old Farmer's Almanac for a lot of my info... http://www.almanac.com/content/deer-resistant-plants.

As I sit here looking at my new water timer, which has sat on my desk since last August, I wonder what a 40 lb. rootball costs to ship? Our water pressure here blows those things apart, besides I like to hand water... I deadhead, count honeybees and get to see how well the weeds are growing! :ep
    I could send you some bare root stock in September, that should give them time to get some feeder roots out before winter and blooms next year.

The closest thing to an organization that I belonged to I pretty much disqualified myself from 7 years ago when I sold my Harley. We did have swap meets but those were mostly motorcycle parts and leather clothing... not much of a flowery type group.:lol:
    (@Carol Dee the picture you just painted for me will have me chuckling for days to come... greasy bike parts laying around the yard with marigolds and petunias poking thru and window boxes full of posies hanging off of Dirty Dan's and Ugly's house! :gig)

Anytime you are ready, they grow like weeds for me, probably because I don't like raspberries much, they are more for the DH and my dad...o_O

Berries are ON this year: 20170611_174131.jpg
    Peonies are pretty big: 20170611_174540.jpg 20170611_175607.jpg
    Add Yucca to list of extra stuff: DSCF0057 - Copy.JPG

Collector and Ridgerunner like this.
  2. Jun 13, 2017
    Nyboy

Nyboy Garden Master

I have waited YEARS for my yucca to flower :fl:fl:fl I love them

LocoYokel likes this.