Big Problems AT Work

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
bleach is so harsh, even at dilute concentrations, i'd need scuba gear to do that kind of cleaning. i think hydrogen peroxide i can tolerate.

another thing to consider is acidophilus sprays acidic bacteria which will make it harder for other disease organisms to grow/spread.

there really isn't any such thing as sterile for long in this world unless you have a world class isolation chamber.

i wanted to see if anyone was yet offering probiotic cleaning products and they are out there so this following may be of interest to you:

https://scdlifestyle.com/2016/10/how-to-clean-with-probiotics/

i've not tried any of the products mentioned, i have no idea what they cost, etc. but if i were dealing with infectious things i would be cleaning with these sorts of things which at least do provide competition instead of leaving the ecosystem wide open to the next thing that comes along...

i think these sorts of things should be required in hospitals and cleaning as it's pretty clear that current techniques aren't working.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kennel cough is an airborne transmission and not so much a contact transmission, so I'd be thinking more along the lines of having ventilation fans going to blow fresh air through your kennels at all times, as well as taking stale air out.

Also, sunlight is a natural purifier of the air and also the environment...don't know about your kennel setup but fresh air and sunshine can prevent many a contagious airborne germ.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I worked at a University Veterinary Medicine Teaching Hospital Pathology Dept. where we had to deal with every type of infectious organisms extant... we used a large electric powered vaporizing sprayer and used disinfectants / sanitisers / insecticides from Hospital Supply houses. Their supply catalogues are about an inch thick, just contact one near you and request their catalog. For an emergency situation like yours , when you call ask to talk to their Medical/ Veterinary Pathologist for a recomendation as to what to use for an emergency situation. Good luck. Use big guns, not band aids as your business reputation is at stake.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 2 vaporizing foggers and new one come monday I use nolvasan $200 a gallon but worth it

So, you have all that in place and you use that high dollar stuff but it's still not working? Time to go back to the drawing board.

If what that article says is true, any time you have a dog there that has had that vaccine recently, you have the chance of introducing the shed virus into your kennels. Can't really do much about that except stop requiring they have the vac, but I expect people will still get the vac out of fear before they board their dogs.

So, basically, it's a flip of the coin whether you get the virus running through your place, no matter what measures you may take. That's a bummer.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had it break out a couple of times at the kennel I worked at. UGH... what a hassle. I really feel for you. Luckly, it usually only lasts a bout a week (right?) so once you get on the other side of it, it should clear up quickly.