Big Sky Country~Montana

MontanaMama

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello :frow ~My husband and I are cattle ranchers in north central Montana, 18 miles NE of Winifred.
We are almost done raising our 5 kids (3 boys and 2 girls) with the help of home grown eggs, milk and meat...and of course, garden goodies:)
This country is some of the toughest to garden in, I must say~but worth the hard work.
Anyone else from Big Sky Country??:)

MontanaMama

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yes, it sure is! I'm not sure what pictures you saw...the pics on the home page show an old homestead cabin in the snow, so that isn't our house! haha
Thanks for the welcome! I love to garden and a friend led me here, so I hope to have lots of fun! Getting the itch for winter to be over and garden season to start around here!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... I like your website. I book marked it so I can read more of it later!

:welcome

MontanaMama

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank You for the nice welcome! I'm glad you'll be visiting the website! BTW~I LOVE Biscotti!! That is so cool and I am bookmarking that too!;)

MontanaMama

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Aw, thanks!:) My website is very much a baby, so I really appreciate the nice comments! Pretty soon, I won't be spending as much time on it...when spring comes and I am out digging in my dirt!!!:watering

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I lived in Montana for two years, while I finished my M.S. at MSU. I loved bozeman. Had there been any professional/technical jobs we would have loved to stay.

ETA: I live in South east Louisiana now

MontanaMama

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Obsessed:)
Wow, what a small world! Our 2nd oldest son just finished his football career as an MSU Bobcat!!! He has this spring sememster left to finish his degree in animal science.
How cool to find an MSU alumn!!!! Go 'Cats!
Nice to 'meeet' you;)

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nice to meet you. Where in Montana are you from? I visited a few towns mostly in and around Bozeman. I went to Dillon for the rodeo in the summer, Butte several times (not liking that town too much), Missoula of course, Sapphire mining in Helena, and to billings. I loved it there. It was a really nice place to raise children.

Latest posts