BIRDS

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you hate to think you're being outsmarted by a bird? I've used CD's, pie pans, scare crow, snakes (rubber) in the tree, 30 foot blasting water cannon, and huge balloons of Micky and Minnie Mouse bobbing in the tree tops all to no avail. The migrant cedar waxwings stop by every year to swipe my sweet cherry harvest.

I'm good at leaving two other trees for their feeding, but, no, they are greedy little pterodactyls and take all the fruit.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wondered how cherries are ever harvested, when birds like them so well. I guess mulberries have a use after all.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
But, but, but there are mulberry trees all over the property! These birds are migrants. They move North following their cherry harvest and leave the rest of the fruits for native fauna.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you hate to think you're being outsmarted by a bird? I've used CD's, pie pans, scare crow, snakes (rubber) in the tree, 30 foot blasting water cannon, and huge balloons of Micky and Minnie Mouse bobbing in the tree tops all to no avail. The migrant cedar waxwings stop by every year to swipe my sweet cherry harvest.

I have not even looked yet this morning. It rained last night. I was thinking of filling a black sack with leaves or something about the size of my cat, and put some white on it for his face and just sit out there. The birds hate him. When he is outside the birds fuss and fuss at him. I would have a fit about the cherry harvest.
Mister.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well they are BACK. Last year I ended up putting string on stakes across the top of the rows of peppers and tying white blacks bags that blew in the wind and moved around. It seemed to stop them. The peppers did grow back. This year I have only put out tomatoes, cabbage, collards and kale and they have attacked some of the tomatoes. Two of them look like little sticks. You can see the pieces of tomato branch and leaves on the ground and a few cabbage leaves pulled off. It is probably a good thing I am planting late.

Latest posts