Blog Comment Buddies

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
With Internet Explorer, Vfem's page background is plain white and I can't get a comment through. It is like the boxes and buttons and everything are invisible.

The problem only seems to occur with Blogspot sites.

When I opened it with Wyzo (a different browser), I can see her background image for her page--a birdhouse on either side and also a scrolling decorative image on both sides. I never knew those were there before! (I remember you saying you had updated the look of your page sometime ago, but I couldn't tell what it was that you had added.) Wyzo will also let me comment. Everything is there and visible with Wyzo.

I had posted a comment on V's blog awhile back, when I entered a seed giveaway... No problems then!

Ol' Windows and IE are ALWAYS updating stuff. I think they messed the settings up with something they've done/added with an update. That's my theory anyway. I keep SAYING one of these days I'm gonna get a MAC!!! :rolleyes:

I'll take a look at my browser settings and see if there is anything I can do to fix it. Not really sure where to start looking though!

Thanks for starting this thread, Rain. I never knew I was missing anything! I would still be in the dark... :p

ETA: Catalina and PottersWatch's pages appear to be the same when viewed from either browser.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
With Internet Explorer, Vfem's page background is plain white and I can't get a comment through. It is like the boxes and buttons and everything are invisible.

The problem only seems to occur with Blogspot sites.

When I opened it with Wyzo (a different browser), I can see her background image for her page--a birdhouse on either side and also a scrolling decorative image on both sides. I never knew those were there before! (I remember you saying you had updated the look of your page sometime ago, but I couldn't tell what it was that you had added.) Wyzo will also let me comment. Everything is there and visible with Wyzo.

I had posted a comment on V's blog awhile back, when I entered a seed giveaway... No problems then!

Ol' Windows and IE are ALWAYS updating stuff. I think they messed the settings up with something they've done/added with an update. That's my theory anyway. I keep SAYING one of these days I'm gonna get a MAC!!! :rolleyes:

I'll take a look at my browser settings and see if there is anything I can do to fix it. Not really sure where to start looking though!

Thanks for starting this thread, Rain. I never knew I was missing anything! I would still be in the dark... :p

ETA: Catalina and PottersWatch's pages appear to be the same when viewed from either browser.
Here's a great problem solver for ya... GET FIREFOX!!! :D

rainnotebook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
As for me a different browser didn't work. Even firefox :/

I need to check out Wyzo. Never heard of that browser... I'll try it when I get home.

Thanks for your help!!

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I changed my comments to a pop-up window just in case, but my settings already allowed anyone to comment as long as they did the word verification thing.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My husband is away on a trip and took the computer with him so I'm not able to blog right now. I am using my phone for internet access but I haven't figured out how to get pictures from it to my blog so mine will be inactive for about a month.

rainnotebook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That sucks. :( I have you on my blog reader so when you blog next I'll be there reading. :)