Blow to my Heart

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good advice, vfem ! :happy_flower

Angie, :hugs

Sit him down, once you feel calm enough, and talk to him about how you feel. I know it's hard to do but it is very important to communicate. If you know you will get too upset & get involved in a row write him a letter. Sometimes that is better as it gives you a chance to mull over what you really feel & want to say & he will have the chance to read it over a few times. Keep a copy of it yourself so you can refer to it in the future, if you need to. Don't let it fester inside of you -- get it out in the light where you can see it & deal with it.

I wish you all the luck in the world in dealing with it. :hugs Enjoy your gardening -- we all need our own space & interests & happiness. :bouquet Life is too short for heartache!

:rose Hattie :rose

Rusty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I went looking at your blog and he really does seem involved in your chickens and garden. It sure looks like he's already put in a lot of work, so I'm thinking that maybe you are taking this one comment too much to heart. We guys tend to run our mouths and expect it to roll off your shoulders. You ladies tend to study every word for any possible nuance. So I am thinking that as long as he's still helping you build all this stuff, he really isn't anti-garden. Maybe he's just asking you to keep it all in perspective and not let it take over EVERYTHING. It doesn't need to dominate every conversation and every waking moment. That doesn't make him anti-garden or anything close. Maybe he's just asking you to make time for the stuff he's passionate about too.

Just a thought.

Rusty

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
my husband was kind of anoyed too with all the "dirt" around but now that things are growing.. he waters doesnt do "a lot" of weeding but gets involved by walking through the garden and helping me pick out the next spot that needs weeds pulled.. :lol: but it shocked me that he showed me how big he wants to expand the garden to and i :th (it is actually too big, but how do I tell him that?) but in the seeding stage he didnt like it too much.. it was just all over everywhere.. any container and any place.. so next year I am going to get a stacking shelf and grow lights and move it all into the laundry room! nice and contained.. they way he likes it so that he will enjoy more parts of the WHOLE gardening process. I hope that he will find his "nitch" and join you some how.. we enjoy walking through our growing area.. it is just pleasant.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Husbands.

Some times I feel like Henny Penny cause mine is so not interested. But come harvest time he is the first one in the field. He won't help me with the bunnies either. He feeds them but when the time comes to do the deed. He magically disappears.

Sometimes I get mad but honestly. These are my projects. I want them done a certain way. I want to grow a certain variety of tomato. He just wants a tomato in his rabbit sandwich.

But I tell him he better watch out. One day I am going to find a livestock raising gardener and run off with him. :D

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the support. This is something that I have thought about a lot and I guess I am going to have to get a grow light so I can do this in the guest bedroom and it will be out of sight out of mind for him.

Thank you again :)