Books-cookbooks, gardening books, ??? books

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Okay, so when I move in with Dad, his request is that I try to sell as much as possible of late step moms stuff. She was a voracious reader. She has probably 20ft worth of books I need to sell. I haven't even touched them yet. I am still working my way through her sewing room and the kitchen.
I did stop in to the local library and ask them about book donations. Not much being posted on the local FB groups. Absolutely not going t do garage sale.
Should I post some of them here perhaps?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unless they are the latest thing, or a desirable classic you probably aren't going to get enough out of them to cover the aggravation. If the library doesn't want them, you could try the salvation army thrift store, Goodwill or a used book store. You probably feel like I do, that "donated" is better than cluttering up your home.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Okay, so when I move in with Dad, his request is that I try to sell as much as possible of late step moms stuff. She was a voracious reader. She has probably 20ft worth of books I need to sell. I haven't even touched them yet. I am still working my way through her sewing room and the kitchen.
I did stop in to the local library and ask them about book donations. Not much being posted on the local FB groups. Absolutely not going t do garage sale.
Should I post some of them here perhaps?
Absolutely. In fact, photos may be easier, but text becomes searchable real fast as the data concentrator spider bots crawl sites like this. Use words like for sale and for trade and such just for their benefit....and yours.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i don't want to get rid of a single book i have, but when i bring any new books home i have to get rid of some i already have to make room.

we have a few shelves of gardening books that neither of us use any more - some of them are new enough they might still be useful, but a lot of them i'd consider too dated to be worth reading again. :(

the library won't take text books so eventually some of those will get shredded and used for worm food. a few i keep for the eventual apocolypse, but i also keep an eye out at the booksales for more recent editions as science has moved along quite a bit over the past 30yrs.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If you just want them off your hands you could send some my way. I need to clean out the novels but the informative books I’m keeping for shtf
We'll need to exchange info then. I haven't even begun to go through them. Let me know what your interests are, and when I sort, I will set aside a stack for you.

Oh wow, you are close by. Maps says 61 miles away. No need to send by mail if we can meet in the middle. :thumbsup

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We'll need to exchange info then. I haven't even begun to go through them. Let me know what your interests are, and when I sort, I will set aside a stack for you.

Oh wow, you are close by. Maps says 61 miles away. No need to send by mail if we can meet in the middle. :thumbsup
I would love that! It’s one of the reasons I joined this forum and started my blog. I love meeting people of like minds. I’ll go through and list what I have so you can get an idea

NEWCOMER

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hey, im interested in this. I am interested in Gardening, Beekeeping, and mushrooms non magic ones. If you have something under those criterias send some my way!
I will give address if and when u reply.

Latest posts