Bottle Gourd Harvest

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cats, I have been growing these for years. Haven't had issues with cross pollination, yet...I think you will be fine.

BWKatz

Leafing Out
Reaction score
The way u have them lined up kinda looks like a flock of geese. Put some eyes, mouths and wings on them and they'd look cute on a front porch all yr long. ::rainbow-sun

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
BWKatz said:
The way u have them lined up kinda looks like a flock of geese. Put some eyes, mouths and wings on them and they'd look cute on a front porch all yr long. ::rainbow-sun
First :welcome and we might end up doing that with some of next years crop. We'll just will wait and see what happens next year with them.

Cats, I have been growing these for years. Haven't had issues with cross pollination, yet...I think you will be fine.
I don't think I'll have much problem this year only other vines that grew where Watermelons and pumpkins. And the pumpkins only had about 2 or 3 blooms total because of bugs.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thompson's water seal...of course! Why didn't I think of that? :p
It would penetrate the whole gourd. Perfect!

I think the next birdhouses I make from them, I will use a wood burner to decorate it. And use some stain instead of paint.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
. . . I think the next birdhouses I make from them, I will use a wood burner to decorate it. And use some stain instead of paint.
Yeah! That would be nice. I have seen some wild, bright colors used on gourds but I definitely prefer a more earthy natural look.

Latest posts