Bribing Adult Child

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I agree with those who recommend that you deal with the puppy as a business transaction, and stay out of the family issues. That being said... she should just buy the puppy, and hope for the best. If it is a big dog, maybe walking it would contribute to weight loss. ;):weee

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom your right mother is worried about health problems from being over weight. Bob all my puppy sales have a contract most state dog can not be used for breeding and must be fixed. I do offer money back if they can no longer keep dog.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
OUCH, when I was at top weight and for many years on my way up the scale. My Mother would try to bribe, plead etc... It only made it worse! The puppy most likely will not be what it takes for daughter to lose the weight. She has to WANT to and gather some positive feelings on her own. (I know!) It is a business transaction for you. But NOT the catalyst her Mom hopes for. :(

a puppy that she has to walk and be more active may be a part of the change she needs. i hope so. it's so tough to do though, easy food is everywhere and constantly in our faces in advertisements and parties and such.

Latest posts