Broccoli and Beyond

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've already added this clay question into @baymule s thread. Surround kaolin clay,
If this is any good then I may actually grow some vegetables this year.

I love brocoli cabbages and most greens. Something to stop the slugs would be a godsend

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've already added this clay question into @baymule s thread. Surround kaolin clay,

I love brocoli cabbages and most greens. Something to stop the slugs would be a godsend
Some of us are having some luck keeping Slugs at bay, using electroculture, as detailed elsewhere.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Slugs aren't much of a problem for me here — once the plastic is down over the temporary hoop house. In there, it's a battle with baiting them.

I have imagined that I am gaining help from the House Sparrows but it may just be the arid Summers.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i saw a few slugs going across the driveway the other morning. it's not something i see very often (because i hardly ever get up that early). i don't notice slug problems in the gardens but i'm sure that having them surrounded by crushed rinsed limestone and encouraging birds to forage helps, but also we have snakes and frogs and toads around and the raccoons also seem to look for them (based upon how many times i have to put boards back that they've flipped over).

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

I have tried many natural remedies to battle slugs. I think the most creative and surprisingly effective method was this:
Put several mini Dixie cups half full of beer in several places in your garden. Sink them into the dirt so that the top of the cup is flush with the soil. The slugs go to the bar and get drowned while drowning their sorrows! 🤣

Latest posts