Brother stefan clematis

spookybird

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi all.
Do any of you have the beautiful clem?
I'm going to buy it and put it on a trellis out front.
Wondering if you have any info on it.
Thanks. Have a good day.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi all.
Do any of you have the beautiful clem?
I'm going to buy it and put it on a trellis out front.
Wondering if you have any info on it.
Thanks. Have a good day.

i think we do, it may be a little more purple than many of the pictures show, but perhaps that is soil chemistry difference and not the adjustment of the picture... either way we like the flowers of almost any clematis we have.

if you have a drier climate or too hot at times you'll want to mulch it well to make sure the roots don't get too dry or hot.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is a beautiful plant. I hope you get one. I have only had the jackmanii and the little autumn bloomer (which is terribly invasive, but smells wonderful and attracts blister beetles)

Sweet Autumn? I have tried growing that twice, but it doesn't much like our winters.
I was looking forward to it's fragrant invasiveness.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sweet Autumn? I have tried growing that twice, but it doesn't much like our winters.
I was looking forward to it's fragrant invasiveness.

for some reason i never noticed a particularly sweet fragrance from the ones we have grown, but the bunnies really targetted the stalks during the depth of winter and helped them eventually die off. we've replaced the last one with another clematis from the more colorful and less subject to attack version and hope it lasts much longer than a few seasons... we'll see...

spookybird

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks folks.
Mine arrived and have kept them in the house they are starting to grow so know they are alive. Yeah!!!
Our last frost date is about April 15th so should do ok till then.
DH surprised me and ordered 2 but of the same. Oh will I love the color so one in back and one in front yard!!

Latest posts