Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wellp, for California, today is kind of chilly.

Right now it's 1:39 in the afternoon, and the temperature is...

34.7 fahrenheit.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bikini-clad camper at Lake Pillsbury, CA:

"It is seriously so cold that I might die!"

:p

Yes, 34.7 is fairly cold for an afternoon high.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
27.8 at 8:30 pm now...

I'll tell the bikini babes to bring their fur lined bikinis!

Edited to add that I seriously did post that on my fb...we do humor here!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here in SE Missouri this morning it is 20 degrees and snowing. 6" so far, with an underlayer of ice. It is supposed to snow till about 6:00 pm. I know that doesn't sound like much for you northerners but for us pansies here, it is enough to make the world come to a screeching halt. Let us hope that the people who have to get out and drive do so very carefully.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
21.3 degrees here right now. (and I have to smoke outside my cabin)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, that sounds like more than plenty from up here near the 49th parallel and the single digitS'.

This isn't a place for blizzards. The storm clouds lift up to rise above those massive volcanoes in the Cascades. . . Blow right over the top of us usually. Things get really crazy once they can top the Rockies and get thoroughly messed up with the big Continental air masses over there. There you have blizzards, tornadoes in their season and hurricanes along the coasts.

Six inches of snow would be appreciated by this plant lover, however. Nothing insulating the ground here. It looks to me like western Montana is flirting with record cold. Kallispell was just 4 above the record yesterday and there's only 1" of snow on the ground there! I can imagine roots beginning to break . . .

The frost keeps moving down, down, down :rolleyes:.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
20.6 and still falling...I know, that's nothing compared to Montana. ...which is usually nothing compared to Alaska and northern Canada... except for 1949 and 1989

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
19 degrees here with about 3-1/2" of snow on top of a thin layer of ice and snow still coming down. A light breeze from the north.

When I went down to feed and water the chickens and open the pop door, they all hesitated a bit when they saw the white stuff, but before I left about half were out in the run walking around in the snow. The run is partially covered so the snow wasn't that deep everywhere in there, but I'm not used to them going out like that. Usually it takes a day or two for them to build up courage to try it.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
for three days now, we've had ice/snow that fell the first night, but it won't get above freezing to thaw it out - so it's slick as snot & hard as a brick. us Texans aren't too used to that. my chickens haven't gone out once. I open the door of their coop into the rest of the hoop house which gives them expanded indoor space when the weather is bad. they haven't stuck their head out in three days. they're plowing through the feed. they graze over about three acres usually & don't need any feed to speak of typically.
since there is ice on all the trees, grass, and vines, the goats don't have anything to graze on. these animals are eating me out of house and home. I'm having to go out about three times a day to break the ice on their water.

Latest posts