Brugmansia this morning (resized but big pics!)

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was a moist, misty morning today, and my brug was absolutely gorgeous at 6:30 am:

brug07-28-08.jpg

Here's another shot. I think she looks like a dancer!

brug07-28-08-01.jpg

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Simply amazing Ann!

I remember seeing Brugmansia nearly 25 feet tall in Ecuador that was truly a sight.

Which cultivar do you have? My grandmother used to have some but the county where she lived made her take them down because kids were using them to get high. It's a shame because they are so beautiful and so graceful.

I really could look at these pics for hours. Nice job!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't know what variety it is, this plant was on the discount table at a nursery Mom and I went to down in Dartmouth, MA - they just wanted rid of them, if you could imagine! It was only $6.95. I love them and usually have one or two every year. I don't overwinter them, though, I know you can but I've never bothered.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow, Ann! That is amazing, the flowers are gorgeous. I believe I've seen them before, but I never had a name to put to them. Now I think I need one!

adeledamate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Those are beautiful!! I didn't know they were called Brugsmansia. I remember seeing them all over the area of Guatemala where I lived while I was in the Peace Corps. I remember my ex-mother-in-law, who is Guatemalan, telling me that people used the flower by puting it under their pillow if they had insomnia. I guess it must have some kind of scent that is intoxicating. Scary, I'd be afraid I wouldn't wake up.:eek: I think it had a name with the word dream "sueno" in it. I need to give her a call. Anyway....just wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OH My :ep That is beautiful I have never seen that before...:love
Now I gotta have one.... :caf so I gotta start lookin Where can I find it? and you can over winter them?
I need some Brugsmansia for my green house!!! Wow :caf :love

Thanks for posting the Photos of your wonderful flower

Latest posts