Burned Offering !

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love lamb but the only time I ever had it was when I was very young at my grandparents on my mother's side, they'd invite me when they were having it.
Both sides of my family immigrated from the U.K. in the early 1900's. My dad grew up having to eat a lot of mutton as a kid, he would't have it in the house, to him it was like chewing on a mouthful of wool.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love lamb but the only time I ever had it was when I was very young at my grandparents on my mother's side, they'd invite me when they were having it.
Both sides of my family immigrated from the U.K. in the early 1900's. My dad grew up having to eat a lot of mutton as a kid, he would't have it in the house, to him it was like chewing on a mouthful of wool.
Mutton is nasty. Had some from the famous Owensville, KY barbecued mutton. Hot was ok, cold, like eating wool. Dog didn’t want it.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad also had waaay too much mutton during the wars he fought in. So it wasn't allowed, UNTIL he left on a flight (Air Force) and then Mother cooked it for us! Woo Hoo!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dad said when he was stationed in Europe during WWII, they got so very tired of eating mutton. At the chow line, now matter whether it was roast beef or chicken or whatever, someone in the front of the line would gaze at the line behind him and go "Baaaa!" and about half the guys in line would just turn around and leave.
I never did like lamb, either. It is just not even available around here much, I don't think. Of course, I haven't been looking for it.

Latest posts