California Central Valley Hi!

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Casa de la Luna said:
wolftracks said:
Still lots of farms. I'm on the edge of town, so county area. I'm looking for something bigger though.

What college?
I got my AA in General Ed @ San Joaquin Delta College before I transferred to Fresno State.
Fresno State! Bulldogs! Red wave!

(I didn't go to Fresno State, but I wanted to.... I'm originally from Merced, then spent 25 years in Sacramento, currently in the Sierra mountains about half-way between Sacto and Tahoe.)

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
skeeter9 said:
Hi Wolftracks! I'm up in Tollhouse, in the foothills above Clovis. Welcome to TEG!
OMG, I know where Tollhouse is! Haven't been there in YEARS! We used to drive up from Merced through there on my way to my aunt's house in Auberry or my cousin's house in Northfork. What a small world !

wolftracks

Sprout
Reaction score
Small world for sure.

I grew up and lived in the Bay Area for so may decades and although I went places I guess I never went far enough. Like Turlock is 15 minutes away and south, I thought it was up past Sac. That's how well I know my own state. Pathetic huh? LOL

I've been house hunting for something uber uber cheap and Tollhouse had something, but I still have no idea where that is. I know Merced is not far, but even the foothills threw me off. I swear I'll find something and then say..."ummm, no not that direction." LOL

I'd like to move somewhat closer to Dixon, but I will never be able to afford to do that. I have a small amount of money coming and I just want some land and it will have to be a real fixer for me to get it. Still maybe I'll find a miracle and something closer to there will turn up. Having the AF base in Fairfield is a plus to. I have no idea where to go or what to do. I want to make sure I can keep my chickens, and other animals and maybe add something in there and a garden that keeps us all going.

Casa de la Luna

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
grow_my_own said:
Casa de la Luna said:
wolftracks said:
Still lots of farms. I'm on the edge of town, so county area. I'm looking for something bigger though.

What college?
I got my AA in General Ed @ San Joaquin Delta College before I transferred to Fresno State.
Fresno State! Bulldogs! Red wave!

(I didn't go to Fresno State, but I wanted to.... I'm originally from Merced, then spent 25 years in Sacramento, currently in the Sierra mountains about half-way between Sacto and Tahoe.)
:lol:

Casa de la Luna

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wolftracks said:
Small world for sure.

I grew up and lived in the Bay Area for so may decades and although I went places I guess I never went far enough. Like Turlock is 15 minutes away and south, I thought it was up past Sac. That's how well I know my own state. Pathetic huh? LOL

I've been house hunting for something uber uber cheap and Tollhouse had something, but I still have no idea where that is. I know Merced is not far, but even the foothills threw me off. I swear I'll find something and then say..."ummm, no not that direction." LOL

I'd like to move somewhat closer to Dixon, but I will never be able to afford to do that. I have a small amount of money coming and I just want some land and it will have to be a real fixer for me to get it. Still maybe I'll find a miracle and something closer to there will turn up. Having the AF base in Fairfield is a plus to. I have no idea where to go or what to do. I want to make sure I can keep my chickens, and other animals and maybe add something in there and a garden that keeps us all going.
That sounds good to me! :)

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Go Dogs!!!!! My dad graduated from Fresno State back in the 60's, my husband and I both went there, and my oldest daughter is there now.

We love it up here in Tollhouse. It's definitely a small community, even though there are several towns spread around up here.

Hope you find some place that you really love, Wolftracks. Surely something will come along soon. :D

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
TEGWelcome01email.jpg

Latest posts