California: Driest Calendar Year On Record!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The ground was barely wet when I woke up this morning. It's supposed to rain this morning but I see the sun starting to peek out and the sky is clearing. I just knew this was gonna happen. Not enough rain drops. :(

so lucky, that place is not that close to me. It's about a 2 hr. drive.

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, this morning it is just dense lake basin mist. Sun will burn it off soon...

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I pray the rain returns soon to CA. Watching the news, you'll have had more than your share of drought and wild fires.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
According to the Weather Channel they can put together a pretty accurate rainfall going back to 500 years and this is the driest on record.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is really bad, Marshall. All you need is a good storm to move in and it will bring some relief. We had a drought like that about 15 years ago. We live close to Lake Livingston, over 93,000 acres of lake, 39 miles long and 7 miles wide at it's widest point. I remember the lake drying up to the Trinity River channel. Boats were laid on the ground, docks high and dry, there was only one place on the entire lake to put a boat in. But we got several weeks of rain and storms upriver. The lake filled back up and then some, but it sure was bad when it was dry.

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, we are swimmin' in the muck out here in California now, at least where I am! My best friend has a seasonal creek on her property that is normally flowing long before now. It's *finally* got some water coming through it & looks and sounds just gorgeous.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, this thread wasn't updated during the big storm.

I'm at Lake Pillsbury, a reservoir, and we're now about a third of the way out of the drought now.

Latest posts