Call 1-800-COM-PLAIN

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
WE DID IT! WE SIGNED PAPERS! IT IS OURS!
(as long as we make the payments)

:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee
Not so fast Bay... this place is not yours until the papers are recorded at the county AND as long as you make payments. Then everyone can wish you congratulations and celebrate ... :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now selling the house your in . Whats the market like where you are?
It's fairly steady. It is close to Houston, has a huge lake, is a retirement community and weekend vacation spot for Houstonites. We are going to make somebody a heckuva deal, just to get on with life. We don't want to sit on it for a long time, trying to get top dollar. It's paid for, so what ever price we sell it for, goes to us and not to a mortgage company.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really really thought I was done with this thread and moving on.......... It started with the air conditioning unit not working. Somewhere in the middle the AC and heating unit was stolen from the house we were buying. So would ya'll believe.......yesterday.......the outside AC unit of the house we don't love anymore and want somebody else to have, DIED? As in, dead-have-to-replace?

How fitting that this thread starts, ends, and in the middle, is about AC problems. Another $1800 up in smoke. Now why couldn't some crackhead have stolen THIS AC unit while we were gone last weekend? Heck, if I had known that, I would've left the door open so the AC stealing crackhead could've gone in and taken the 40 year old furnace unit in the attic too! :barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie
I am crossing fingers that the other unit lasts at least until we no longer have this house. :fl :fl:fl:fl

I am done with this thread. Consider me NOT complaining any more. Unless.......... the ceiling caves in and the furnace unit lands in the hallway. ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Call me naive, but do you have to have an a/c unit in order to market your house?
Maybe it would be like selling a house in the north without a heat source?

All I can say is it's a good thing you're independently wealthy Bay.

;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom AC is a MUST. I have lived without AC several times in my life and it didn't kill me. But to sell a nice brick home with all the accoutrements of modern living.....oops! sorry 'bout that--the AC died..... would send folks scuttling backward faster than a crawdad trying to evade a big crane poking the mud with it's beak.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Couldn't you just let potential buyers know that X amount of $ is taken off the asking price to allow for the AC? Or say $$$ given at closing for AC? Since you don't have to pay the bank anything, you may have a little freedom to "entice."

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ummm.....this might be a tough one for most of ya'll, but that AC is humming RIGHT NOW. :lol: Phooey on potential buyers, it's still flipping HOT! :gigMy DH is not going to sleep with sweat rolling off him. :\

Selling it ourselves, if we can't git-er-dun soon, then will sign up with a realtor.

Latest posts