Call 1-800-COM-PLAIN

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to get insurance for the house we are buying. It seems that a house that has been vandalized is on the NO list for insurance companies. Since this is a HUD foreclosure, the house sat empty and somebody really really needed all those little bits of copper wire from under the house and the breaker box wires. They also took the pipes and plumbing from under the kitchen sink. :barnie I can deal with repairs. We have the money set aside and will have to make an escrow account for the lending company, then have 30 days after closing to get the repairs done. Do these insurance companies really think I'm going to pay a house note and live in it with out water and electricity? Really? I could save myself a lot of money and just get a cardboard box! :th

Finally found a company that would write a policy on it, knowing the details. After speaking with me, she had no doubt that we ARE going to fix the house issues. DUH! So, got that done.

The lender has dragged their feet, not responding to the real estate company, the title company, me, by phone, email or text. :rant Finally I blew and sent a scathing email to his boss. For some silly reason, things started happening after that. :somad In purchasing a HUD foreclosure, they only give 45 days to close. Or you pay a $325 extension fee and you get 15 more days. I have already let the lender know I'm not paying it. :smack If they drag around, not responding, not doing their job, so everybody else can do their job, then they can pay it. :tongue

I have been on the phone and email all day. I finally went to walmart for ink for the printer, fed my horses, ran errands and came back home. I walked into a wall of heat. Air conditioner is blowing hot. :barnie It is actually cooler outside at 95 degrees and 87% humidity than it is in the house. :somad Waiting. On. Repairman.

Last week, DH's diesel truck broke down, needing new fuel pump $$ new injectors $$ new heart, lung, liver and brain transplant$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie:barnie :barnie

So..... how is YOUR day?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my Baymule, it seems like when it rains it pours at your house! You are much stronger than me, I can't deal with stuff like that so my husband does those things. I HATE to deal with insurance companies! Hang in there, have a glass of dandelion wine. A year from how everything will be behind you. Hugs.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot. Two weeks ago, we drove my mom's 2007 Buick to see our DD and her family. We were discussing the old original tires on moms car, only 27,000 miles on the car! My husband said, "These tires are good for another 20,000 miles!" I replied, "The tires are old and will blow out before they wear out."

Well, I guess you know what happened.........

KA-BOOM!!!!!

Annnnndddddd the spare had sat in the trunk for 7 years and it was flat too. We were about 30 miles from DD's house, called for help, DSIL came, took us and spare to get it aired up and followed us to their house. We bought new tires to the tune of $734 dollars.

Still.
Waiting.
On.
Air.
Conditioner.
Repairman.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule I can not imagine why the lending company would drag their feet unless they WANT you to be late so they get the fee. If it happens report them to the BBB (and let them know you will BEFORE it happens.) Also keep a journal of all phone calls, emails, who you talked to etc... I had to do that with my son's car accident many years ago. The health insurance company kept saying things must have been lost in the mail. Over and ever. Doctor and hospital wanted to be paid. I had a big fat binder before it was done. I even resorted to paying to have things faxed so I had a record that they where received. Good Luck. And do not let up on them. They have a job to do even if you have to hold their feet to the fire.
As Mary said *When it rains it pours at your house!* Hang in there. You know where you can vent anytime. ;) Big hugs.
:fl Hoping the AC repair guys get there very soon.:fl

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
AC repairman just left. Blowing cold again, but house is still an oven. Probably will take until tonight to cool down. For the low price of $125, we got a capacitor on the compressor. Last month it was $300 for a motor. Next month-I hope it snows!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee the fee goes to HUD. I was just lucky and got a goof ball for a loan officer. Now everything the real estate agent, title company or I email to him, gets copied to his boss. Drown 'em in emails, calls and texts. They're really gonna love me when this loan gets closed and I lower the boom on the corporate office. BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We heard about insurance for farmers that will protect you from lawsuits when people come to purchase things. It is not as expensive for this type of coverage as regular insurance. Maybe that would be easier to get.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We heard about insurance for farmers that will protect you from lawsuits when people come to purchase things. It is not as expensive for this type of coverage as regular insurance. Maybe that would be easier to get.
I have got it covered now, had to satisfy the lender. Once we fix the electrical and plumbing, rip up flooring, paint, put down floors, then we'll probably go with another company, written by the same insurance agent. It will be insurance for rural homes.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ugh. Sounds like a hassle right now. But come next year, when you're on your perfect property with so much room to call your own you're going to loooooooooooove it. It will all be worth it in the long run. At least that's what i tell myself - achy, sore back, covered in bruises, sweaty and exhausted...on day 5 of our move, hahaha. Good luck!