PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
oh it would take several teenagers to rid of this as it was
left to flourish for several years from what neighbors have said

RayB

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi and so sorry for the slow reply. I had unexpected company this weekend.

As far as the stinging plant goes, I am 100% positive it was the plant/weed. My wife had touched it a couple weeks before and warned me and told me how bad it was and I simply could not believe it was in fact that bad. Well, I can not tell a lie, it WAS in fact that bad. :( What worries me about it is, it is right on the corner of my fence that is a mere inch or two off the public sidewalk. I fear a child or someone walking getting in to this thing. I did speak to my neighbor on the other side of the fence about using a good old fashioned weed burner and burning it all as best I could. He said that was fine providing I shoot the fire back towards my yard where my wife would have the hose. That is fine but I am afraid to burn without knowing if it will do damage to my lungs. I do fear I am going to have to call in a tree doctor or someone who knows what this may be. It is bad!

As far as the vines go, I have been hacking for days and it seems all for naught. So little progress for so much work . To bad these people took care of the house so well but neglected the yard and fencing before we bought the house.

Thanks again for all the replies. I appreciate the kindness! :thumbsup

Ray

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think using fire on it would be a bad thing. i thought someone on here tried that on a patch of poison ivy & regretted it later from the smoke being inhaled.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ray, I think you should see if the area agronomist can identify that stinging plant for you. That thing sounds dangerous.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@RayB any luck finding out what you have there? Any luck getting rid of it? Curious minds what to know. (O.K. Snoopy TEG members do.) ;)

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Alright can anyone give an idea of what this flourishing bush is
last year it was bare by the time we moved here I hung
christmas lights on it's bare branches helps to recall we live in Washington state

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 250

Latest posts