Canesisters 2018 Garden Thread - BTE/SBG hybrid??

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what I had heard! I've also heard that store bought mushrooms can be ground up and used as a 'tea' to add more compost making fungus.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Brought home a couple of crates from work. They are about 4' square and 12" deep. They had heavy cardboard bottoms - :D yup, those came right off and went under the next BTE section. They are made of 1" untreated, very dry, rough wood. Wondering if I can paint or treat them some way and use as a strawberry bed??? Or maybe stack for potatoes?????

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm a big fan of keeping it simple, if you can keep getting free wood, don't bother to treat. we use slabs like that for putting over old carpeting or plastic mulch. eventually turns into humus and that's always garden gold.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: There's NOTHING 'near' me.
But the scale is the spot where everything gets delivered at work. :D
The past couple of weeks, I think everyone has been wondering how everything is getting delivered loose with packing slips taped to them... all the boxes are disappearing. :p
Manager came down yesterday to get his box from the office supply place... picked up a Food Lion bag full of pens, note pads, toner.... He thinks I'm a few columns short of a spreadsheet anyway. o_O

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
SCORE!!!!! Just got a phone call from a friend : "Did you say you wanted cardboard? I've got a mail-room FULL of it, been flattening boxes for years and stacking them up to be recycled but no one wants to haul them to the center. Come get them - bring the truck..."
:ya:celebrate:ya

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last fall we got a bunch of triple thick pumpkin boxes. They filled the back of the truck.

Cane that is an awesome score on the boxes. They are wonderful for keeping down the weeds!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
SCORE!!!!! Just got a phone call from a friend : "Did you say you wanted cardboard? I've got a mail-room FULL of it, been flattening boxes for years and stacking them up to be recycled but no one wants to haul them to the center. Come get them - bring the truck..."
:ya:celebrate:ya

yay! avoid anything shiny but otherwise load it up. :) we have big boxes from autobody repair place which work greatl. other good place to check would be appliance store.

boss knows what spreadsheets are?! you are blessed... :)

Latest posts